First Impressions of Decent Espresso DE1+PRO - Page 14

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
CwD

Postby CwD » Jun 12, 2019, 10:18 am

I had shipping options, and chose UPS so I could request it held at a location for pickup, don't exactly want it left on my porch. Price difference from default was negligible. The accessories shipped with the default shipping and arrived around the same time.

jchung

Postby jchung » Jun 12, 2019, 12:09 pm

These are the options on the DE website for shipping options. I went with the default option, UPS Worldwide Expedited.

lk229

Postby lk229 » Jun 12, 2019, 1:39 pm

Thanks to all providing info about their shipping experience. I also heard back from Decent replying they ship DDP (delivered duty paid).

DavidGinNYC

Postby DavidGinNYC » Jun 13, 2019, 7:56 pm

Good evening all. I spent a couple hours last night taking a class at Regalia Coffee in NYC, on how to use the Decent DE1+PRO. It was a great experience, and I'm almost certain to get one now. I'm traveling for the next few weeks, so I won't order until shortly before I get back home, but I'm definitely impressed by the machine. And Paolo at Regalia really does a fantastic job explaining how it works and how to get the most from it. Spending a couple hours at Regalia really made me want to learn about roasting too, but that's a project for another day!

From my note on the "Cafes" forum:

I ... took the Decent DE1 class last night with Paolo [at Regalia Coffee]. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, and for me it was well worth the time and money. I got some hands on time with the Decent machine, and really got a feel for what it's like to use. And like many people who try the machine, I'm very likely to be ordering one soon. But I also want to give credit to Paolo, who is a great teacher. He has a very deep understanding of coffee and espresso, from development of the roasted bean through to all aspects of espresso production. He explains some fairly complex concepts very clearly, and his passion for helping people make great coffee is very evident. I highly recommend this if you are near the NYC area.

Abecker

Postby Abecker » Jun 14, 2019, 4:43 am

jchung wrote:<image>

These are the options on the DE website for shipping options. I went with the default option, UPS Worldwide Expedited.

That is what I chose and it took 2 days from Hong Kong to delivered in the US.

discsinthesky

Postby discsinthesky » replying to Abecker » Jun 14, 2019, 1:47 pm

Pretty incredible how quickly I received mine. Order on Tuesday, everything halfway across the world by Friday.

ChrisAndrew

Postby ChrisAndrew » Yesterday, 7:06 pm

I got mine 3 months ago changed from a Rocket R60V and absolutely am in love. Anything is possible with this machine and the warm up time is a game changer.

Abecker

Postby Abecker » replying to ChrisAndrew » Yesterday, 7:49 pm

I will second the warm up time. To be able to pull a shot in about 5 minutes is really nice.