FINALLY Got My First Real Espresso Machine

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BKSinAZ

Postby BKSinAZ » Dec 04, 2018, 9:46 am

Pictures coming soon.

I bought my Starbucks barista machine from a Starbucks back in 1998 or 1999 and have been using it until Yesterday. Always bought pre ground coffee and never had a grinder.

FINALLY received my ECM Technika lV Profe (rotary) and a Baratza 270WI. Have not used ether yet, but will tonight.

Question about Hot warning sticker on group head.... I plan on pulling it off sometime in the very near future. Was wondering if it will pull off after the machine is used or will the glue of the sticker discolor the metal?

Aguirre

Postby Aguirre » Dec 04, 2018, 10:37 am

I pulled the sticker off of my GS3 group "neck" maybe after 6 months of use. There was no discoloration whatsoever.

BKSinAZ

Postby BKSinAZ » replying to Aguirre » Dec 04, 2018, 10:45 am

thanks.

gophish

Postby gophish » Dec 04, 2018, 11:47 am

I removed mine right away, IIRC, I had to use some goo gone or maybe an automotive bug and tar remover to get all of the adhesive off.

randomorbit

Postby randomorbit » Dec 04, 2018, 2:13 pm

I got my machine used. It was originally purchased in 2012, and used in a cafe fire 4+ years before I got it. So I pulled the sticker off after 6 years of use and storage, and there was no discoloration.

emason

Postby emason » Dec 06, 2018, 10:50 am

I also started with a used Starbucks Barista, it certainly got me hooked on espresso machines :) As for the stickers... in my experience pulling stickers off various machines and grinders, including an e61 grouphead, you shouldn't have any issues. Worst I've seen is a bit of glue residue that you need to work off with a damp paper towel. Go for it!

RockyIII

Postby RockyIII » Dec 06, 2018, 12:22 pm

Bryan,

Congratulations on your new machine! One of the first things I do with new machines is remove the various stickers, but I'm fairly sure that you will not find discoloration if you remove them later from a stainless steel or chrome plated surface that gets hot.

Rocky