Filling a Pourover Espresso Machine Under Cabinets

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Zanderfy

#1: Post by Zanderfy »

Hi everyone,

I just relocated my espresso machine (Quick Mill LUCCA M58) underneath some cabinets, and noticed that the machine is too deep/counters too short to effectively pull the machine forward to refill the reservoir.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to fill the reservoir without having to move the machine. If it's at all possible that your solution includes a way to see the water line in the reservoir/prevent overfilling, that would be incredible.

Thanks in advance!

FirstBetta

#2: Post by FirstBetta »

1st line has an offset funnel that might be what you need. The second item you asked about is one of my pet peeves. The Quick Mill Silvano, one of Lelit's prosumer machines and the BDB all have cutouts allowing one to see the tank water level. I don't understand why more mfr's haven't incorporated something like that. It might raise the price by about $5 to $10, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker for most of us.

Short of having a machine shop open a slot in the wall of the machine through which you could see the water level, I can't think of a thing. Sorry!

Zanderfy (original poster)

#3: Post by Zanderfy (original poster) replying to FirstBetta »

Hal,

Thank you so much for enlightening me on the existence of that item! That's definitely a strong consideration. The only little thing is that the Quick Mill water reservoir has a completely open top, so it could benefit from a larger width opening to funnel water faster. I could be overthinking this (geez, isn't THAT a lifelong disease...), but I would like to maximize the efficiency of a "water funnel" system.

Marcelnl

#4: Post by Marcelnl »

Add a water level,sensor?
LMWDP #483

alex_espresso

#5: Post by alex_espresso »

I just use a piece of tubing that came with my Lucca attached to a funnel.

When you flip the water cover lid you can see in it's reflection the level of water.

It's works great! Hope it helps.

Alex

Zanderfy (original poster)

#6: Post by Zanderfy (original poster) »

alex_espresso wrote:I just use a piece of tubing that came with my Lucca attached to a funnel.
<image>
It's works great! Hope it helps.

Alex
That's actually very helpful, thanks! I'm an Alex too, by the way :D

I'm assuming you just hold it higher than the tank with one hand, and fill from a pitcher or something with the other?

Any chance you have a link to that funnel? It looks perfect.

Alex

alex_espresso

#7: Post by alex_espresso replying to Zanderfy »

I just hold it and fill with a gallon water container while I look at the reflection on flip cover.

I bought the funnel at target

http://www.target.com/p/funnel-set-oxo/-/A-16335988

Alex

bmb

#8: Post by bmb »

I use a bottle, and planing to use a hose from the filter tap, should have some kind of regulator on the filling end.