Faema Ariete with "angled" e61 group?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
13thfloorelevators

#1: Post by 13thfloorelevators »

Hello,

my latest discovery, a Faema Ariete:

I like this machine, technically an E61 but with a simpler (and smaller) case, looking forward to restore it next winter. Only thing I've never seen before is this "angled" version of the E61 Grouphead, even not on Faema or Futurmat Arietes. A nice alteration in the look of the grouphead that fits to the overall design of the machine.

Anyone got information about the grouphead? When was it built? Only on special models? Any technical differences to the standard E61 (i doubt it) and so on....

Cheers,
Stefan
LMWDP #281

yosetl

#2: Post by yosetl »

Nice machine, Stefan :-)
I have seen some Ariette in the past, but none with this polygon (octagon?) shape grouphead.
Is this machine manufacture in Spain? If that's the case, then I have suspicion, maybe they made this odd grouphead to circumvent Faema patent for E-61. :wink:
As with most things in life, espresso journey is better when it is simpler and sensible.

Advertisement
13thfloorelevators (original poster)

#3: Post by 13thfloorelevators (original poster) »

hey!

no...the machine is labeled as faema, not futurmat (spain company of faema), so i guess its original :-)
LMWDP #281

r60slash5

#4: Post by r60slash5 »

There's La Pavoni on Ebay now with two angled E61 Groups
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAVONI-BAR-2-S- ... 1986714716

Ted

Bluecold

#5: Post by Bluecold »

The LaPav groups are hexagonal, the Faema Ariete groups are octagonal.
Which means there are two kinds of 'angled' groups
The plot thickens!
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

13thfloorelevators (original poster)

#6: Post by 13thfloorelevators (original poster) »

thanks for pointing me out on the pavoni. didnt even knew that pavoni made machines with e61 styled groups. but like bluecold mentioned: looks like a different group then on the ariete...
LMWDP #281