Expobar Brewtus IV issues.

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Nasame2546

#1: Post by Nasame2546 »

Hello, I 'm new member. Just bought an expobar brewtus iv rotary. Here are some issues:

1 this model is a plumb-in only and I dip the inlet hose into a bottle which is working fine but it doesn't do preinfusion. With lever at mid position pump starts but no water coming out, even when being lifted a little up, is this normal?

2 brew pressure is at 6 bar so I follow instruction( in Wholelattelove clip) to adjust the OPV(this model the screw is not located under the drip tray so I removed the chassis turn the opv adjustment screw clockwise) but nothing change, is there a link to pressure adjusting brew pressure for this specific model?

Thanks

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

OPV and pump adjustment are 2 different things. OPV adjusted the maximum pressure in the closed hydraulic system. As water heats it expands. You want to vent pressure so the internals are not exposed to excessive pressure. That is the OPV valve that vents into the drip tray.

A rotary pump has a locking nut that you will need to slightly loosten (black circle) then turn the bypass adjustment screw (red) to increase/decrease the pump pressure. Then tighten the lock ring back.

Plumbed in you have positive pressure from the mains that adds to the pump pressure. Static draw from a bottle you will need to up the pump pressure to compensate.

Dave Stephens

jcran17

#3: Post by jcran17 »

Nasame2546 wrote:Hello, I 'm new member. Just bought an expobar brewtus iv rotary. Here are some issues:

1 this model is a plumb-in only and I dip the inlet hose into a bottle which is working fine but it doesn't do preinfusion. With lever at mid position pump starts but no water coming out, even when being lifted a little up, is this normal?

Thanks
Cannon has you set up with how to fix brew pressure. Preinfusion is just above the neutral spot with the lever, but the pump should not turn on or you went too far. If plumbed in it is line pressure doing the work. If not, it is pressure inside the brew boiler that is pushing water out.

Nasame2546 (original poster)

#4: Post by Nasame2546 (original poster) »

Thanks so much!!!!!!

DaveC

#5: Post by DaveC »

It also depends how the brew lever actuated switch is adjusted...the further forward it is, the more likely the pump will engage on the mid position, when you are cams

Nasame2546 (original poster)

#6: Post by Nasame2546 (original poster) »

Just removed the body cover to find out that the valve is pointing toward inside, to the boiler, no way for me to adjust the screw. Frustrating!!!!!

Rice Bowl

#7: Post by Rice Bowl »

One of the cons of the Brewtus is that the insides are difficult to work on/around, due to how parts were arranged. If you don't have the capabilities to plumb your Brewtus into your home water line/have an RO system set up to help with boiler health and longevity, I'd recommend looking into something like the FloJet set-up for your jug. It will give you the positive pressure feedback to help with pre-infusion. Buying a PI kit and installing it will give you another level of control in PI and adjusting flow/pressure at the grouphead.