Expobar Brewtus 4 tips for steaming and brewing

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mariorainy

#1: Post by mariorainy »

Hi All,

I'm newbie to espresso brewing and i have a few questions about brewtus 4 for you all with some pics and i will be glad if you can help .

1. Currently, I have steaming power around 0.8 bar. Should I increase the pressure or is this just fine ?

2. How much water is normal to come out of the steaming wand at the beginning of the steaming process and during the steaming ?

3. What kind of milk is best to use ?

4. What is the correct fill of the basket,is it truth that coffee in the basket cannot touch the shower-plate rim of the group-head ?

5.I have adjusted brewing pressure to 10 bar with blind filter but when i brew pressure doesn't drop to 9. it mostly drop only by 0.3 bar, so the brewing pressure is around 9.8 bar. Should i decrease or 10 is just fine ? ( with single basket )

Im currently using single basket (i prefer single shot) which i fill with 11.5 g grinded on 2C on Mahlkonig Vario with Badger & Dodo Blackwater Espresso Blend (light roast).
Extraction time is around 25-28 secs for single shot.

21g of Italian espresso blend was pretty ok with original double basket.

Im including few pictures of coffee cake from single basket. Please give me some comments about it what am i doing wrong or not.

Thank you All for help.