EspressoForge - First Impressions - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bodka Coffee (original poster)

#11: Post by Bodka Coffee (original poster) »

Here is some interesting news about it-

http://dailycoffeenews.com/2015/05/22/m ... so-device/

cmin

#12: Post by cmin »

IMAWriter wrote:I must have missed all the scoop on Andre's device.
I'll do a Search.
Ha, me too. Just came across this. Cool as hell! Congrats

Eastsideloco

#13: Post by Eastsideloco »

Bodka Coffee wrote:Here is some interesting news about it-

http://dailycoffeenews.com/2015/05/22/m ... so-device/
Great article by SpromoSapiens. Excellent profile of EspressoForge and the H-B community. Thanks for the link.

rittem1

#14: Post by rittem1 replying to Eastsideloco »

+1 what a great article. After following Andre's thread from the beginning it is amazing to see it get to this point. Looking forward to seeing more pics and impressions of those lucky enough to have one.
LMWDP #517

sweaner

#15: Post by sweaner »

Yes, that article is great. I have decided that the machine in the picture must be mine!

Just checked, and my machine is in Philly, so I am hopeful for delivery tomorrow.
Scott
LMWDP #248

boulderbrew

#16: Post by boulderbrew »

I have been pulling shots this afternoon using 18g of Bodka's Main Squeeze espresso blend. I have a bonavita PID kettle, so I have the ability to play with the extraction temperature later down the road. For now I preheat the cylinder with water right off the boil at 212 during my basket prep. After I prep the basket, I dump the water used for preheating out the cylinder, lock in the basket, and pour fresh water into the cylinder at 207 fahrenheit (per bonavita output reading). I have not been doing a very long preinfusion at all with this blend. I have had the best tasting shots when I ramp up to about 6-7 bars and hold it there for the duration of the shot. As far as initial impressions go, I am very excited :lol:

yakster
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by yakster »

I can see the drawback to this device, getting pictures of the shot will likely be a two person operation... no EspressoForge selfies! :D
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

rittem1

#18: Post by rittem1 replying to yakster »

GoPro?
LMWDP #517

Bodka Coffee (original poster)

#19: Post by Bodka Coffee (original poster) »

Yeah, good luck getting that tiger stripe shot while pressing by yourself. :lol:

csepulv

#20: Post by csepulv replying to Bodka Coffee »

You could always use a tabletop tripod, like this one (for camera) or this one (for phones). Maybe they should have been included in the first set of shipped units, you know, to help with marketing. :wink:
Chris