Espresso Forge Travel Kettle

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
shotwell

#1: Post by shotwell »

I'm looking for a stove top travel kettle that the Espresso Forge can sit on top of for preheating. I was going to take my Moka pot bottom and a milk steaming pitcher, but the forge doesn't fit in my Moka pot base. If I've got to buy something anyway, I'd prefer to just get a kettle with a good spout. Any recommendations?

spressomon

#2: Post by spressomon »

I have and use the Fino 6c/1.2L kettle at home and all things mobile use and the 'Forge sits perfectly atop the kettle for pre-heating.

https://www.amazon.com/Fino-Coffee-Kett ... 8836&psc=1
No Espresso = Depresso

shotwell (original poster)

#3: Post by shotwell (original poster) »

That's a nice option. It even looks like the 4.5 cup size shares a lid design and would save just a little more space in my bag. Thanks!

BeanRidin'

#4: Post by BeanRidin' »

I use the Yama 24oz Stainless Steel Goose-neck Kettle. You will need a potholder as the handle gets hot, and a cork plug as it spits water and to redirect the steam to the forge. Other than those quirks, it is small (other than the goose-neck) and fits the base of the forge. I pair that with a multi-fuel stove and a jigged out piece of PVC for the stand and have something that doesn't take up too much space in the saddlebag. (motorcycle camping. Espresso, my guilty pleasure!)