Elektra Maxi volumetric dosing programming

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sgalleger

#1: Post by sgalleger »

New to this site so bear with me if I ramble on!

Refurbishing espresso machines has become a hobby recently. I've gone through 5-6 commercial machines, mostly 2 group heads, all different brands. Astoria, Nuova Simonelli, Futurmat, Elektra Maxi, etc., Normally I can clean and repair everything with a parts list however the Elektra Maxi 2 group (2002) is giving me fits because I can't find a manual or any advice on how to re-program volumetric dosing buttons. Does anyone know how to reset dosing volumes? Anyone have access to an owners manual?

godlyone

#2: Post by godlyone »

Do you have a key?

Maybe this will help

Elektra T1 Deliziosa programming

prust
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by prust »

I have a T3 which looks to be a one group version of what you have. There are 6 dosing buttons and the 7th is just on/off. You program the first 3. The second 3 are twice the dose of what you program the first three. For example, if you set button one to 25ml, then button 4 will be 50 ml. To program a key, you turn the key lock clockwise, press the key you want to program to start the flow of water then press it again to stop the flow when the volume you want has been dispensed. What I did was to pull a shot with coffee in the portafilter for the key I wanted to program, using a scale under a shot glass to measure output. Stop the shot 3-4 ml before the targeted volume to account for residual water in the puck.

In summary, key on, press buttons 1,2 or 3 to start shot, press same button again to stop, key off. Repeat for the other two buttons.

sgalleger (original poster)

#4: Post by sgalleger (original poster) »

Thanks all for response, I wondered if the lock played a part in the programming however I don't have a key. I'll try to hot wire it or look for key on Elektra ssitet or EBay. I'll try to let you know how it goes!

Anyone have an owners manual or a link to pdf?

jyl

#5: Post by jyl »

The key just closes the circuit. So jumper between the two leads to the lock.
John, Portland OR
Vintage bicycles, Porsche/VW, cooking, old houses.

sgalleger (original poster)

#6: Post by sgalleger (original poster) »

Thanks for all your input. Bought a key off EspressoParts.com and worked perfect. Couldn't have done it without all your help. :D