Electrolux Espresso Machines

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pannyd

#1: Post by pannyd »

Electrolux are producing an Espresso machine in the US$250-300 price range.

The odd thing is that seems like it is only being sold in Asia (Japan, China & Thailand).

A search on google brings up loads of matches for Japanese / Taiwanese sites but not a single hit for an English site.

Does anyone know anything about these machines?

They actually look quite tidy (do a google image search for "Electrolux EES200")

Being that I'm living / working in China , its almost impossible to get my hands on a reasonably priced Italian or US machine so I am considering this machine.

any ideas welcomed.

Cheers

Pannyd

yiqin

#2: Post by yiqin »

How about Rancilio Silvia? It's easy to find in China and the price is quite fair, around 4800RMB. Try search taobao.com or ebay.com.cn you will find some dealers.

-Yiqin

another_jim
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim »

pannyd wrote:Electrolux are producing an Espresso machine in the US$250-300 price range.
It looks an awful lot like a rebadged Krups

pannyd (original poster)

#4: Post by pannyd (original poster) »

yiqin wrote:How about Rancilio Silvia? It's easy to find in China and the price is quite fair, around 4800RMB. Try search taobao.com or ebay.com.cn you will find some dealers.

-Yiqin
thanks yiqin

it sounds like you are in China .........can I ask where do you buy your coffee?

I live in Wuhan and it seems to be almost impossible to buy freshly roasted beans here.

I think Illy might be my only option.

yiqin

#5: Post by yiqin »

pannyd wrote:thanks yiqin

it sounds like you are in China .........can I ask where do you buy your coffee?
Hi, pannyd I am from Beijing.

There's a roaster here in Beijing called Arabicaroaster can deliver fresh roasted beans(usually the same day).

-Yiqin