ECM Synchronika

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mania

#1: Post by mania »

ECM says this will arrive in the USA soon

http://www.ecm.de/1/espresso-machines/e ... nchronika/

Looks interesting as I always thought their Technika IV Profi was nice too

Now this one with double boilers & PID looks nice too ...wonder how price will be :)

JK

#2: Post by JK »

I like the look for the low frame but it must be a plumbed in drain only..
Looks like a updated Profitec 700 with gauges moved from bottom to top..
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

gophish

#3: Post by gophish »

Good looking rig, I just don't quite get the business structure of ECM and Profitec. At first ECM was doing the HX's (except for the controvento) and Profitec had the Pro700, but then Profitec started doing HX's too, and now this. I guess more options from the same company in certain market segments would result in more sales, but seems redundant for both companies to be producing such similar HX and DB machines.
Versalab

Shife

#4: Post by Shife »

My understanding was that ECM branded models were designed and built in Germany and the Profitec models were outsourced to Bezzera for manufacture.

HoldTheOnions

#5: Post by HoldTheOnions »

Fabulous, another machine I can't afford. :mrgreen:

mania (original poster)

#6: Post by mania (original poster) »

JK wrote:I like the look for the low frame but it must be a plumbed in drain only..
Looks like a updated Profitec 700 with gauges moved from bottom to top..
Hi,
That was also my thought about the drain profile but their site say's this...
Quiet rotary pump
Switchable from water tank to direct water connection
Drainage hook-up for residual water is possible
http://www.ecm.de/1/espresso-machines/e ... nchronika/

Also looking at the picture closer I think it is a little bit of an optical illusion due to the black lower section & beveled edge

On those gauges that is one thing I like about all ECM's having them up away from steam tip
I just wish the PID was also up but I guess the timer is better near where your watching the flow

Nice machine though :) Will add to short list with LuccaM58 & Profitec 700 (although much prefer joy sticks)

JonF

#7: Post by JonF »

Looks like they hid the steam boiler switch behind the drip tray. Kind of annoying if you use it a lot. But it does look pretty!

But do all e61s need to be 16.5" tall!? My cabinets do not leave a lot of room.

Not2Bitter

#8: Post by Not2Bitter »

I think the main difference between this and the Pro700 is attention to detail. I have had a Technika Profi IV for almost two years and I love it. Having played with a few Profitec machines I just think ECM puts more care into designing these machines over the Profitec.

Little things like the weight at the end of the portafilter handle that gives them more balance and looks nicer. The rails on the frame under the drip tray so you don't scratch the paint off and end up with rust(tho I think they may have adopted this more recently on the Profitec's as well). My machine is plumbed in and it's much easier to hit line pressure pre-infusion by lifting my lever than the other e61 machines I've used, a simple first click, no fussing with trying to find the sweet spot.

Besides that I think they are very similar. I would tell someone in the market either machine will make them happy, but the ECM will just be a little nicer to use every day.

Here are some potato quality videos I made to show what I meant.

SonVolt

#9: Post by SonVolt »

I can vouch for the ECM portafilters being very well balanced, I'm using an ECM bottomless with my Profitec. I think I'm going to order the ECM double-spouted portafilter to replace the stock Profitecs.

Not2Bitter

#10: Post by Not2Bitter replying to SonVolt »

The ECM double is very nice. Sometimes I use it just because it looks so nice after I dial a coffee in, plus different mouth feel.

My favorite open double spout.