ECM Synchronika/Profitec Flow Control Kit - Page 14

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
CrashClint

#131: Post by CrashClint »

This thread has been so enlightening. I installed the Flow Control right before work this morning, it took about 15 minutes. Unfortunately, I was only able to pull one shot before I had to leave for work. My FC has just over 2 turns from closed to wide open. My measuring glass and scale took a tumble, and sadly I now have to order both new, so I was unable to measure water flow and the weight of my shot. But, thanks to all the posters on this forum, I was able to make a very nice tasting cappuccino this morning. As others have posted, the flow could have taken advantage of finer threads for flow control. I was able to slow down my plumbed pre-infusion. Again, as others have stated, once you get past the 1/4 turn, it doesn't take much to jump from 2 bar to 8 bar. I trying to pay attention to the flow gauge and to the flow of coffee from the bottomless PF but I only opened the valve about 3/4 of a turn.

I recently switched from my 17g Strada to an 18g Barista Pro basket, and had to adjust to a much finer grind, I most likely will go a hair finer. I can't wait to play with the FC a little more as I did taste a difference between my normal morning cap and the one I made with FC.

I was unable to post a pictures yet, but here is my beverage nook. https://www.imiae.com/default/assets/Im ... -small.jpg
Someone stole my identity, and I feel sorry for them.

Nunas (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#132: Post by Nunas (original poster) »

Cool...I've never seen anyone serve espresso in win glasses before <ha-ha>. I could not help myself :lol:

CrashClint

#133: Post by CrashClint »

In the cabinet above is where the Irish whiskey, bourbon and scotch reside. On occasion, the Jamison has made it into the espresso. :wink:

My wife was tired of me taking up all the counter space, so when we built our new house, she made sure I had my own area. So, wine, wine cooler, wine rack and all other alcohol beverages got moved there as well.

Nunas (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#134: Post by Nunas (original poster) »

Off-topic, but me too.
Booze stuff on the right, tea stuff to the left of that, coffee on the left, roaster under the sink. Spare stuff in the drawers. Marital bliss :lol:

CrashClint

#135: Post by CrashClint replying to Nunas »

Very nice! I really want a lever machine.

1rider

#136: Post by 1rider »

jrham12 wrote:I was referring to ECM / Profitec's licensing agreement with WLL... if idrinkcoffee is not allowed to ship to the US because of the licensing then BB probably won't be able to either...

Josh
To update this thread a little, I ordered the ECM profile kit yesterday from Bella Barista without issue yesterday. The good is it will be here Monday, the bad is it cost me a little more.
I spoke with Whole Latte Love, but they wouldn't sell me the kit because I didn't buy my machine form them and their supply is low.
Cheers,
Patrick

Kpurpose10

#137: Post by Kpurpose10 »

Same problem with a recently purchased ECM Synchronika. The handle with ball are firmly attached to value and I can't get it off to turn the valve off any further. Did you continue to turn yours with the handle attached ? This was the deal with the shop installed kit and a new kit they sent me with the correct ECM gauge. They being WLL. Gotta say I am disappointed it was not sent correctly with original order.

cibby
Supporter ♡

#138: Post by cibby »

Nunas wrote:The e61 group has four useful positions: Off, Mid, Mid+ (this is used for preinfusion on plumbed machines) and fully on.
I'm a new Synch w FC owner. Thx for this clarification. I'm curious if you can tell me since I'm not plumbed in and am just using the reservoir, does that Mid+ position have any use for me?

Nunas (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#139: Post by Nunas (original poster) replying to cibby »

No, the so-called fourth position has a meaningful effect only on machines plumbed to an external pressure source. It isn't a position on the cam, there are only three of those. It's just a matter of raising the lever far enough to open the inlet valve without engaging the pump switch. On a non-plumbed machine, you may get a bit of dribbling from the small amount of pressure in the brew boiler.

cibby
Supporter ♡

#140: Post by cibby »

Nunas wrote:If you change out the spring, then this range is available nearly instantly. If you keep the old spring, then at first you have the pre-infusion of the e-61, but variable in time, followed by the aforementioned smoothly operating flow/pressure.
I had my flow control kit installed by WLL. Do you know what they do spring wise? Do they leave in the original or change it out? How would I figure out which one I have?