ECM Synchronika owners - Page 14

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bobkat
Supporter ♡

#131: Post by bobkat »

I think that vibration when the machine is running caused the plug to loosen. I posted this to make others aware that it could happen on its own......or when you drain the boiler....and do not securely tighten the plug.

adcampo

#132: Post by adcampo »

I've had mine nearly 2 years and love It. I've had a couple small parts/seals that needed to be replaced. Relatively easy to work on.

My set up:
Clive water filter - plumbed
Drain pan plumbed - game changer, but not an easy project
Flow control
3 hole steam head
Bottomless portafilter
Lunar scale
Shot mirror
Mignon XL grinder
I added sound deadening to interior panels - not really worth it

Advertisement
Paris92
Supporter ♡

#133: Post by Paris92 »

slybarman wrote:On my Bianca I use a wet chamois kitchen towel followed by a dry microfiber.
I purchased the ECM "microfiber" cleaning cloth and it basically is a chamois and not a microfiber. Just received it this week and am now doing the same as you noted above.

Paris92
Supporter ♡

#134: Post by Paris92 »

Other Sync owners, how often do you backflush and what product do you use? Should there be anything different about this machine regarding this type of cleaning and frequency than any other similar grade espresso machine?

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#135: Post by JB90068 replying to Paris92 »

Once a month and I use a Weber Spring Cleaner with Cafiza. I also soak the portafilter screens and clean the steam head with Cafiza.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Noplacetobe

#136: Post by Noplacetobe »

After every coffee, I remove the portafilter and flush the grouphead a couple seconds. I tap also every day a little water of the steamboiler to avoid buildup of minerals.

To clean the steamwand I put the steamwand in a jug with cold water and use the steam until the water boils. Caffeeza I use only once every 6 months to not degrease the machine to much.

cibby
Supporter ♡

#137: Post by cibby »

JB90068 wrote:Once a month and I use a Weber Spring Cleaner with Cafiza.
How do you like the Spring Clean? Heard about that many months ago but they never seem to be in stock.

Advertisement
JB90068
Supporter ❤

#138: Post by JB90068 replying to cibby »

I like it. It makes back flushing very easy and thus I'm prone to doing it more often. It was really made for baristas in a cafe setting to make their daily cleanup faster. IMHO - it's another beautifully designed and well engineered Weber product.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Loum

#139: Post by Loum »

Hi has anyone changed the synchronika joy sticks?. To be honest I haven't had a really good look yet, but are they just threaded on?, similar to the portafilter?

bonjing

#140: Post by bonjing »

Yes. They are threaded on but not glued on like the portafilter, very easy to take off, mine just twisted off. Went with cannon fodder here for the wood.