ECM Synchronika flow inconsistency - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
texascoffee22

#11: Post by texascoffee22 »

We must have seen the same WLL videos because I have the exact same setup, to include the Bravo kit. I have my flow control turned to 1.5 turns open and dose 18.3 grams in a VST 18 gram basket. I had a lot of inconsistency like you had in the beginning (not quite as wild), but it seems to have gotten better as the E37S got seasoned. I use BRCC AK-47 beans. I still see weird flows some with the E6P using decaf, so it seems to be more related to the beans, but when I put the decaf in the E37S, it is consistent every time. I can tell you on a side note that the amount of beans in the hopper definitely affects the grind setting. As the hopper gets lower, I have to go tighter on the grind.

-James

ECM Synchronika with Flow Control
Ceado E37S
Bravo Distributor/Tamper
Ceado E6P (Decaf)
ECM Synchronika w/ Flow Ctrl
Ceado E37S
Bravo Distr/Tamper
Ceado E6P (Decaf)

soyuz02 (original poster)

#12: Post by soyuz02 (original poster) »

Interesting... I have the SD grinder so hopper fill is not a variable for me. Out of curiosity, whats the avg grind setting you use on the e37s? I'm doing a few medium roast beans and range between .8-1, depending on whether I pre-infuse

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
texascoffee22

#13: Post by texascoffee22 »

Our grinders must be a little different at grind setting. I'm almost always between 1.25 and 2.0
ECM Synchronika w/ Flow Ctrl
Ceado E37S
Bravo Distr/Tamper
Ceado E6P (Decaf)

bakafish

#14: Post by bakafish »

The E61 group needs warm up time.
Speeding up E61 warm up time?