ECM Synchronika Boiler Sequencing

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
astone4buyers

#1: Post by astone4buyers »

Does anyone know how to set the Synchronika up to head both boilers simultaneously instead of sequentially? Is it a PID controller configuration or a jumper wire that is needed to turn it on?

In the ECM manual it states only a special dealer can set that up for us, but I would like to set that up as I have a dedicate 20A circuit for the machine.

Thanks!

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

Note: I'm not suggesting that you do so, I am just answering the question. There's often a good reason for the manufacturer to suggest that a task should be carried out by a trained pro.

PID Controller setting F.02 set to 5 allows simultaneous heating of both boilers. You should cut off your Nema 5-15 plug and wire on an an actual 5-20 plug, assuming you have a 12 gauge powercord on it and don't need to replace the whole thing.

I would, of course, also check the ratings of all components that will be affected by the higher draw. (Powerswitch, the common blue conductors throughout, the conductor from powerswitch to phase on the Gicar, etc.)

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Nunas »

JRising wrote:<snip>PID Controller setting F.02 set to 5 allows simultaneous heating of both boilers. You should cut off your Nema 5-15 plug and wire on an an actual 5-20 plug, assuming you have a 12 gauge powercord on it and don't need to replace the whole thing.<snip>
Since the OP is in the USA, there's a high probability that the F.02 function #5 is not available on his machine. Perhaps if it is an older machine it might be present, but mine, a 2018 model I think, does not include this option. I believe the European versions have this option. This has come up before, but I can't find the thread.

BaristaBoy E61

#4: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Welcome to HB Todd

You should also verify that the power outlet can handle 20amps. Also verify what other appliances might be on that circuit that might draw a lot of power, such as a toaster or microwave oven.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"