ECM Puristika "coming soon"?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
SandraF

#1: Post by SandraF »

I noticed today that ECM is touting their Puristika single boiler espresso machine on social media. It says "coming soon", yet I see a video from 2019 showing this machine at some European show.

Why is it being highlighted now?

DaveC

#2: Post by DaveC » replying to SandraF »

Covid......it was meant to be launched during 2020. I actually have a prototype (one of the 3 made for Host 2019, which I was testing at the beginning of 2020....gave ECM some feedback. It's a nice little machine. The prototype uses a different tank and the finish is not as good as a production machine will be. You can see it compared to a more normal sized prosumer machine.

Versalab: maker and supplier of finest espresso equipment
Sponsored by Versalab
Auctor
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by Auctor »

ECM Puristika
ikiddo wrote:Seems like launch is postponed till January 2021 :cry:

SandraF (original poster)

#4: Post by SandraF (original poster) »

@DaveC - Thanks for the info and photos. Cute machine. I can see this for a lot of folks.

Jesse.F

#5: Post by Jesse.F »

Love the look of this machine. If I didn't already have a Carola I'd snatch one up. Funny enough I've converted my Carla to an external 1 gallon tank, and now keep all my baskets and other little accessories in the internal tank.

dak

#6: Post by dak »

to me this machine doesn't make sense without a flow control paddle. Someone looking for a specialized purely espresso machine would likely want and benefit greatly from having a FC paddle, especially on lighter roasts.

I do love the design and small form factor.

Jeff
Team HB

#7: Post by Jeff »

As ECM offers a flow-control kit, providing a lower price for purchase potentially opens a broader market without eliminating those that desire a paddle.

Urnex: 100% dedicated focus on coffee and tea cleaning
Sponsored by Urnex
jtbenson
Supporter ★

#8: Post by jtbenson »

see post 2, pic 2
seems flow control is included

Splatcat

#9: Post by Splatcat »

Am I the only one who's cat would surely knock over that glass reservoir ?

cgibsong002

#10: Post by cgibsong002 »

dak wrote:to me this machine doesn't make sense without a flow control paddle. Someone looking for a specialized purely espresso machine would likely want and benefit greatly from having a FC paddle, especially on lighter roasts.

I do love the design and small form factor.
Probably more old school guys who just want their simple shot of espresso with no frills.