ECM Puristika "coming soon"? - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
braxtonjens

#21: Post by braxtonjens »

If this machine goes into production...
TAKEMYMONEY.
Me want.
“Coffee is always a good idea”
LMWDP #617

pj

#22: Post by pj »

ECM's dealer in my country won't import the puristika.
Is there any other Brand/Model machine which concentrate on espresso, no steam, small size like the puristika ?

Advertisement
Jesse.F

#23: Post by Jesse.F »

Quickmill Carola

pj

#24: Post by pj »

Thank you.

gavijal

#25: Post by gavijal »

I saw it on sale on few web stores in EU.

Eiern

#26: Post by Eiern »

A guy I know has ordered one, he'll receive it very soon (dealer got two machines, will be long until they get any more) the plan is he'll bring it to over to my kitchen and compare it to my Bianca.

Giampiero

#27: Post by Giampiero »

pj wrote:ECM's dealer in my country won't import the puristika.
Is there any other Brand/Model machine which concentrate on espresso, no steam, small size like the puristika ?
Hi Pj, welcome to HB.

Advertisement
BeesKnees

#28: Post by BeesKnees »

Now I just need this machine to come out in the USA. ECM told me it wont be until next year and WLL told me they have nothing to announce.

It looks like the only big difference between this machine and the classika (other than the lack of steam wand) is that the classika has a shut off if the pump has no water.

I see myself steaming a few times a year and will probably just get a stove steamer if I want milk.

My only worry is that the classika seems like it has more room on the inside for modification. I might want to upgrade the pump and the classika seems better/bigger for modding.

drH

#29: Post by drH »

I expect it to be excellent. I had the Classika for a few years and it was great (I didn't appreciate how good at the time). The Puristika seems easier to manage and also has pressure adjustment- superb.

BeesKnees

#30: Post by BeesKnees replying to drH »

What do you miss about it?

Would you rather have pressure adjustment or flow adjustment?

I have not had an espresso machine for a decade and am interested in getting one again. My last machine was some starbucks device that I replaced/rebuilt the pump too many times. This is why I was a little bummed to see the ulka in all of the lower end ECM machines. (I am a bit sensitive to noises)

The classika has a little cover on the bottom that I think will let me add a long intake hose so I can have a glass container like the puristika. I use a 3 gallon glass container in the kitchen now and I will just plop the hose into that. I like the idea of having to fill just one thing.

If I hate the sound of the pump my plan is to either:

replace it with a fluid o tech vibratory
replace it with a fluid o tech rotary
Chinese magnetic drive gear?

There are magnetic drive gear pumps on the asian websites. Anyone try one?

There is a nice amount of room in the back of the classika. I have no idea how big all of the diff. pumps are.

back to the topic... this vid shows the puristika and the classika in the first few seconds: