ECM Classika PID owners - need input on size

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
grufromtheloo

#1: Post by grufromtheloo »

Hello all

On the cusp of buying the ECM Classika just worried about height of overhead cupboards. Yes, i have read the dimensions online. :) What I am looking for is

- is the height specified (apprx 15.5") to the top of the main machine body, cup warmer rails or height with cups?

- what is the depth of the top of the machine (back of the machine to the face where the PID/controls etc are mounted?

Please and thank you in advance.

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

10 3/4 from the outside of the rear wall to the front of the front wall. Of course the gauges, switches, brewhead and everything stick out much further. And it is 16 inches tall with the cup rails in place.

Advertisement
grufromtheloo (original poster)

#3: Post by grufromtheloo (original poster) »

Thanks for the info. Going to be a squeeze. May have to re-evaluate location or stick with my current rig. :(

fronesis

#4: Post by fronesis »

Not to confuse matters, but my brand new ECM Classika PID is NOT 16" tall.

Measured from my countertop to the TOP of the cup rail, I have 15 5/8".

It's 15.5" to the vertical center of the cup rail, but the rail itself is about 1/4" tall, so the very top of it is 15 5/8."

FWIW, I measured 3 times, and I'm the son of a carpenter. :)

I would also add: it's less than 14 1/4" to the top of the machine, and the cup tray sits LOWER than the outside edge of the machine. If you got a cup tray that didn't have the rails, the machine would be under 14 1/4".

grufromtheloo (original poster)

#5: Post by grufromtheloo (original poster) »

Thanks for the input. Are the rails removable by chance?

fronesis

#6: Post by fronesis replying to grufromtheloo »

Good question!

I just checked, and you are in luck: on the back (bottom) of the tray there are screws at the end of each rail - look like obvious allen screws.

Note: the flow control knob sticks up above the top of the machine a bit (maybe 1/2" to 3/4"), so for maximum clearance you'd want to skip the flow control.