Early issue with La Marzocco Linea Mini.

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
eliosanchez93

#1: Post by eliosanchez93 » Jan 12, 2020, 1:13 pm

Hello Guys! Just a quick question I'm not sure if it's normal.

( I know similar post are in the treat but I'm just very concern I only had the machine for 1 month)

But I noticed when I had the drip tray off that it would come drop/spray every in a while from the middle tube transparent. I'm not sure if it comes via the others one through the day but now I believe that's why sometimes through the day that I am not using the machine the machine will do a quick 2 seconds or so refill and goes back to be idle. Even when I am not use. Leading me to think that there is water being dropped from the machine even when not in use causing it to slowly refill the boiler

So I'm guessing because if that leak is what causes the boiler to refill couple times during the day

I have my machine running from 6 am till 10 pm everyday

Is that a thing?

Elio Sanchez
Elio Sanchez

eliosanchez93

#2: Post by eliosanchez93 » Jan 12, 2020, 3:37 pm

I see water sort of shooting:spitting little by little that obviously makes it down the other end which is the leaks
Elio Sanchez

nuketopia

#3: Post by nuketopia » Jan 12, 2020, 4:35 pm

That's the vacuum breaker valve for the main boiler. It's supposed to open as the steam boiler cools and relieve vacuum, then close as the steam begins to build pressure. You can hear it in a few minutes after it is turned on from cold as the pressure build.

The dribble you're getting should come to a stop after the valve closes. If it keeps going for long time, or you can hear a tiny hiss, then the vacuum breaker valve is not closing tightly.

I had some issue with mine early on, the teflon seat inside is easy to replace if you're comfortable with tools, and quite cheap. Like couple of bucks. The same valve is used on the steam wand, and the parts list on the LaMarzocco site shows the internals on the diagram with the steam wand valve.

I think they actually have a new improved valve on the newer machines and as a replacement component.

If you're in warranty, I'm sure they'll take care of you. If not, it's pretty simple to fix, or have a tech fix it.

eliosanchez93

#4: Post by eliosanchez93 » replying to nuketopia » Jan 12, 2020, 6:19 pm

Ugh yeah that's what I figure. Hopefully they tell me what to do next and ell me exactly what I need...

I'm guessing this #7 is what you talking about that could be a needing of replace
Elio Sanchez