Downgraditus? - Page 11

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
HB
Admin

#101: Post by HB »

At the risk of beating this horse further, Marshall makes a good point. High-end espresso equipment holds its value better than a lot of consumer purchases. Popular equipment usually goes for ~70% of current retail. If you buy something like a used Mazzer grinder, you'll likely sell it for the same price (or more) years later. That cannot be said for anything else in our kitchen.
Dan Kehn

r-gordon-7

#102: Post by r-gordon-7 replying to HB »

Nor, all too often these days, sadly even for the kitchen itself along w/the rest of the house... :(
r-gordon-7
LMWDP #188

Psyd

#103: Post by Psyd »

Psyd wrote:Ya know, I used to say the very same thing, but since I still have three espresso machines, two Rockys, two Majors, and three hand grinders, I'm starting to think I was just foolin' myself. :lol:
Marshall wrote:The accounting does not, of course, apply to people who collect machines.
Oh crap! I'm a collector! That starts to explain a lot...

Truthfully, I'm not, really. I got my biggun in a deal, and the Silvia got relegated to GF house duties, and went with me on tour when I was on the road. When the GF complained, she got me the new lever for my birthday, so she could keep Silvia when I was on the road. Everything else is just accessories. :lol:

I understand the fact that they keep their value, I just think that there are quite a few of us who understand that as an afterthought, and isn't part of the purchase decision-making process.
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

CRCasey

#104: Post by CRCasey »

I thought when I got a good deal on my first commercial machine that this could be a way to make a bit of money. But the after I field stripped it to the bare bones I found that it was no where near profitable. But it was totaly tasty, so I kept it. I had several other steam toys and espresso machines before that. But that commerical machine made me a convert. This was a HOBBY that I was willing to take a loss for, in exchange for my enjoyment.

If you spend money in exchange for joy do you ever realy miss it?

I dont.

-Cecil
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244