Does your shower screen rotate easily?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
thirdshifter

#1: Post by thirdshifter »

I'm using the E&B/IMS Nanoquartz 200 µm shower screen and the stock LM screw on my Linea Mini, but I also noticed it with the Sproline precision screen and screw. The diffusor screw is screwed in all the way, but I can still rotate the shower screen with my fingers (the screw stays tightened).

I don't figure this matters -- maybe this is happens on all machines and doesn't matter. I only bring it up b/c I use the Espazzola -- so when I wiggle the Espazzola to clean the grouphead I'm really just rotating the shower screen rather than scrubbing it (it still stays clean but this screen is awesome)

Tonefish

#2: Post by Tonefish »

Mine don't on either the Cremina nor the E61.
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Moxiechef »

On my GS/3 the screw would bottom out before fully securing in the IMS screen. I ordered one of the 6 hole screws which has a very small o-ring and it secures the screen properly. I do feel I get a few less donut extractions since the water can't just easily flow around the edges.

Vidastech Retina Diffuser Screw for La Marzocco IMS Shower Screen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079L14HJG/re ... rBbKQESVG1

shawndo

#4: Post by shawndo »

Moxiechef wrote:
Vidastech Retina Diffuser Screw for La Marzocco IMS Shower Screen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079L14HJG/re ... rBbKQESVG1
!! This is exactly what I need. This has been a peeve of mine for friggin' years and could not find any screws other than the low profile sproline one !!
That feeling when a long term peeve is about to be conquered, mmmm.
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Moxiechef replying to shawndo »

Oh whata feelin'

thirdshifter (original poster)

#6: Post by thirdshifter (original poster) »

Awesome -- I had previously purchased but not tried this Vidastech screw. I can confirm it holds the IMS screen (200 µm in my case) in place quite well. I don't notice any difference in flow pattern from the screen with the new screw in place, but it is nice that it holds the screen in place better and allows just a tiny bit more headspace.

shawndo

#7: Post by shawndo »

Quick photo of the sproline, Vidastech, and OEM

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra