Decent Espresso XXL - looking better than ever - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
decent_espresso
Sponsor

#31: Post by decent_espresso »

GDK wrote:For this transformer: "Continuous capacity: 2400W rated power can run 7*24hours with full load." This means continuous supply of 10A at 240V. If I recall correctly, XXL was rated at max 10A, should be be confirmed though.
That should be fine, yeah. I assume that's if you give it a 20a 120v line?

TallDan

#32: Post by TallDan »

Any chance of a 20a 120v de1 that we could just plug into our normal kitchen outlets?

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
GDK

#33: Post by GDK »

decent_espresso wrote:That should be fine, yeah. I assume that's if you give it a 20a 120v line?
Yes, that is correct.

caeffe

#34: Post by caeffe »

TallDan wrote:Any chance of a 20a 120v de1 that we could just plug into our normal kitchen outlets?
Maybe a DE1++?? :lol: If the intent is to get a little more steaming oompf.
I'm hoping this is in Decent's R&D to-do list along with a lower priced DE1+ (maybe call it DE1-)
I for one would prefer that they make the DE1+ available to order again before they work on a 20A 110 model.

BTW, I'm not a licensed electrician but my understanding is that a 20A 110/120 V line is not normal for a US kitchen. It will usually entail a dedicated circuit (ensure only 1 item that draws 20A max) along with a different plug/outlet configuration from a 15A 110/120 V circuit/outlet
LMWDP #162

TallDan

#35: Post by TallDan »

Code in the US requires TWO 120v 20A circuits in the kitchen.

E3703.2 Kitchen and Dining Area Receptacles
A minimum of two 20-ampere-rated branch circuits shall be provided to serve all wall and floor receptacle outlets located in the kitchen, pantry, breakfast area, dining area or similar area of a dwelling. The kitchen countertop receptacles shall be served by a minimum of two 20-ampere-rated branch circuits, either or both of which shall also be permitted to supply other receptacle outlets in the same kitchen, pantry, breakfast and dining area including receptacle outlets for refrigeration appliances. [210.11(C)(1) and 210.52(B)(1) and (B)(2)]

Exception: The receptacle outlet for refrigeration appliances shall be permitted to be supplied from an individual branch circuit rated 15 amperes or greater. [210.52(B)(1) Exception No. 2]

SCespresso

#36: Post by SCespresso »

20a circuit - yes
20a outlet - no

TallDan

#37: Post by TallDan »

My kitchen has 20a outlets. Changing receptacles is a very easy job. Even if you hire it out it would cost less, and be cleaner (and in my non-electrician estimate, safer) than a step up transformer.

Baratza: skilled in the art of grinding
Sponsored by Baratza
blutch

#38: Post by blutch »

dsc106 wrote: Watching the latest on the XXl models with the new pourover function built in that Scott Rao called the best pour over of his life, and the extremely high steaming power, has me more interested. Also seeing their advancements with opening up the skinning of the UI.
Is the pour over function only found on the XXL model?

B

Jeff
Team HB

#39: Post by Jeff »

All models, with the pour-over basket needed as an accessory.

decent_espresso
Sponsor

#40: Post by decent_espresso »

TallDan wrote:Any chance of a 20a 120v de1 that we could just plug into our normal kitchen outlets?
Maybe someday, but 15A is the max allowed by UL, so not today. We move to "commercial" UL if we use more than that.