Decent Espresso V1.4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Petrus

#1: Post by Petrus »

new version coming out in Oct.

$200 more.

Is it worth the wait and money?

For the current owners, how important are the new features?

CarefreeBuzzBuzz
Supporter

#2: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Your list of new features looks very short. Not sure it's worth it. :D :P
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart
★ Helpful

kelix

#3: Post by kelix »

Im summary for $200 you get:

the XL stand rather than the "Steele" one..

XL Stand (new standard): https://www.instagram.com/p/BzdHixTBxB2/

Steelie stand (old): https://www.instagram.com/p/BzdHixTBxB2/

and the internal DC power supply is being increased from 30W to 65W. It will mean that the USB charger is always on and will allow background filling of the water tank without interruptions, even during steaming and espresso making. Currently, the USB charger turns on/off automatically. And currently, the Refill kit interrupts the DE1 with a "out of water" message when it is running so that all gets "fixed".

other than that no changes. if you'd bought a v1.3 and its not yet built you can delay it until October and have the upgrade free.. new orders will be for the v1.4 starting to ship in Oct at the higher price
⁣⁣

brisk

#4: Post by brisk »

Love how Decent is constantly updating their machine to be better.
But these price increases are killing me!

TigerStripes

#5: Post by TigerStripes »

The price increases are pushing the decent out of the price range of something I would ever consider buying. It's a shame. Would love to see them release a pared down, "decent mini" with no steam capability, at a lower price point.
★ Helpful

megamixman

#6: Post by megamixman »

I wonder how much of the price increase account for the increased instability in Hong Kong given the current US-China tensions. I'm also a bit worried about Decent's ability to keep prices where they are if they suddenly can't manufacture in Hong Kong in the future.

brisk

#7: Post by brisk »

TigerStripes wrote:The price increases are pushing the decent out of the price range of something I would ever consider buying. It's a shame. Would love to see them release a pared down, "decent mini" with no steam capability, at a lower price point.
I would love this too. All the features are nice but I really just want that tablet functionality!

bhauff

#8: Post by bhauff »

The prices increases so far have been directly related to the improved tech in the devices. The Group Head Controller in v1.3, as an example, added a fair amount of cost, and was a $300 upgrade for v1.1 owners.
Enjoying the adventure is as rewarding as the destination.

gunda

#9: Post by gunda »

TigerStripes wrote:The price increases are pushing the decent out of the price range of something I would ever consider buying.
I'm glad I bought a V1.1, because a V1.4 would probably have been over my pain threshold. A V1.1 was fairly close ...

boren

#10: Post by boren »

Does brewing with the new version still sounds like a symphony of clicks and ticks (to put it gently)?