Decent Espresso Machines Shipping

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?

When do you expect your espresso machine from Decent Espresso?

Poll ended at April 1st, 2018, 3:56 pm

In a matter of weeks
9%
Within the next 2 months
12%
Within the next 6 months
19%
Not sure
16%
Not interested
44%

Total votes: 68

RyanJE

#1: Post by RyanJE »

So it appears that Decent is officially shipping its very early production run units. Anyone around here getting their hands on one of these!?

I am very intrigued and thinking of getting in on the next build...
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

JojoS

#2: Post by JojoS »

Based on their post on the Aussie coffee forum, 1 unit was shipped out via UPS the day before the Chinese New Year break. No news on who will end up getting it.

Advertisement
TxHr

#3: Post by TxHr »

Weren't these due out almost a year ago?

r7

#4: Post by r7 »

One of the 300 should be heading my way after certification. May still be a month out or so.

DJF

#5: Post by DJF »

TxHr wrote:Weren't these due out almost a year ago?
Don't care. I want it right when I get mine. :D
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

DJF

#6: Post by DJF »

I think it's time HB awoke from it's torpor and reopened the full on Decent discussion thread so dedicated HB members can stay informed rather than relying on other forums.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

HB
Admin

#7: Post by HB »

From the thread Decent Espresso Machine:
HB wrote:The question of when Decent Espresso will ship has come up several times. I think this is a good point to pause the discussion pending a firm update from John on an actual ship date.
That followed concerns from members about promises made versus promises kept. The thread above started in November 2016 and my post above is from July 2017. I'll ask John at Decent Espresso if he's now ready to publicly commit to a firm ship date.
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
RyanJE (original poster)

#8: Post by RyanJE (original poster) »

It seems like building units is a significant amount of work, some apparently unexpected.

I hope at some point soon people start sharing thoughts around here somewhere. I am very intrigued.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

Headala

#9: Post by Headala »

Yes they did ship one out a couple of days ago.

The next several will go to some of the experts who helped consult on the design/workflow of the machine. If they return positive feedback then shipping will commence on the first 300. Probably sometime in March.

If the consultants find problems, then those will be corrected and then the shipping date reevaluated. They are continuing to build machines after CNY even before the feedback comes back with the assumption that corrections will be minor and/or software related.

John and his crew have worked pretty tirelessly and used every available resource to get this endeavor off the ground. He's an intelligent person, as are all of his crew that I have met. They aren't loafing around while they sit on people's deposit money, but unforeseen issues have come up.

"Shipping date slippage" (is that a legit term?) happens in all industries and with companies a lot larger than Decent. John's desire to build the machines the right way vs. just get them out the door is one of the reasons I'm so excited about these machines.

I've pulled some shots on these machines and I can honestly say the amount of control over temperature and pressure/flow is AFAIK unprecedented. I'm excited to see what new insights the enthusiast community discovers, and how we can all push the limits in pursuit of better espresso.

mauijer

#10: Post by mauijer »

Glad to hear; I believe other forums said "spring" ship date so hopefully I'll have my hands on one in the next few months. I will certainly post my impression once it arrives.