Decent Espresso Machines Shipping - Page 24

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?

When do you expect your espresso machine from Decent Espresso?

Poll ended at April 1st, 2018, 3:56 pm

In a matter of weeks
9%
Within the next 2 months
12%
Within the next 6 months
19%
Not sure
16%
Not interested
44%

Total votes: 68

Spitz.me

#231: Post by Spitz.me »

mauijer wrote:So it appears that only DE1+ will be shipping.

For the Poll I had selected "within 2 months" now I am in the never/not interested category.
Probably for the better. Right now there's a honeymoon phase going on with early adopters. People see past the beta feel (as reported by one early user) of the machine because of what they can do that they could never do before. We still don't know anything about durability, ease of repair, support, etc. Until this machine hits a relatively large scale, the Decent company will still have yet a lot to prove and it will have nothing to do with how nuanced the machine's code can be to make espresso in unimaginable ways.
LMWDP #670

cafemolino

#232: Post by cafemolino »

popeye wrote: is priced on parts
normally made in China

if made in the USA or Europe ...

Will see how good is it in long run and service that is another issue...

appfrent

#233: Post by appfrent »

To be fair, LM example is apples and oranges. There is difference between "pre release communication" and "charging money promising to deliver the product". On breach of promise, the person has every right to be pissed; it's not about recovering interest by hustling up your spot. I wish Decent all the success it deserves. Competition and innovation are always good. However, this does reflect lack of professionalism and poor management. We should not be afraid of truth.
Forget four M's, four S's are more important :-)- see, sniff, sip and savor....

r7

#234: Post by r7 »

I just got notice that a DE1+ has been shipped and is heading my way. I also got an invitation to the Basecamp forum and unboxing instructions. It has been a long wait, but a fun ride through the whole R&D process. I guess I better start clearing my counter space... :D

rimblas

#235: Post by rimblas »

Lots of DE1PRO machines are shipping now.
I preordered a DE1+ and was originally waiting for a v1.1, However, upgraded to the PRO and it arrived this week! I've enjoyed some of the best shots ever (anywhere) and I'm still trying to get a handle on all the possibilities and how it all works.

This is going to be a lot of fun!

DJF

#236: Post by DJF »

Wow! looks like you are pulling god shots straight out of the box. Took me at least a couple of days but I couldn't help fiddling with the presets. :D

Edit; Aaand you'll enjoy Basecamp!
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

rimblas

#237: Post by rimblas replying to DJF »

Thanks! I went through a few gushers and a lot of squirting the first 2 or 3 days. But after a few adjustments, WDT, and reading A LOT on Basecamp, things got a lot better

Davidm

#238: Post by Davidm »

I was reading a little in this post about the dangers of being an early adopter. I must say that I am enjoying being an early adopter, especially with a communication tool such as Basecamp. Last night I posted pictures of my shot and associated charts. A few minutes later John Buckman was giving me advice. How cool is that...

Add to that learning from the experiences of other early adopters that are very well known in the espresso world and I feel like I am back in college again. This is a lot of fun. I am not saying that the DE is for everyone or that early adoption is for everyone... but personally, as a newbie, I can't imagine pulling shots this good, this quick without the feedback of a DE.

r7

#239: Post by r7 »

I normally tend toward NOT being an early adopter. I tend to prefer simple electro-mechanical hardware to electronics. That being said, after following the development of the DE1+, choosing to pre-order a machine, and receiving one of the first one hundred produced, I am glad that I took the "risk." First, enjoying the transparency of the design and development process was very enjoyable. Second, I have come to appreciate some of the benefits of the software driven electronics approach. One benefit of the software driven approach is that the machine is enjoying continuous quality improvement. What is unique is that the improvements are not limited only to future versions, but are often immediately available to existing units already in use by simple firmware and software updates.

JayBeck

#240: Post by JayBeck »

To 110V users: How is your routine making milk based drinks? I have been emailing John and he says it is impossible in their set up for the 110v machines to EVER be able to brew and steam at the same time. So you have to make a choice.

What is your preferred method of making milk drinks and does it bother you having to wait to steam? John says to make the espresso first and then the milk. This is what I have historically done on my Pro 500 and BDB because I LOVE watching the bottomless shot develop. However, I do like the option of steaming at the same time when I am making several drinks in a row.

Concerning the software and updates-- can you share profiles on the app for different coffees in a social media type way? So someone dials in a really great shot of some coffee that you can then buy, use their exact parameters, and taste the same thing? I think that would be very cool if the interface works right.