Dalla Corte Studio (a year later) - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Peter_SVK (original poster)

#11: Post by Peter_SVK (original poster) »

alpine0000 wrote:Can you provide info on that hopper on your E65S grinder?
Of course, no problem. It's custom designed (by me) and custom made of aluminium with stainless steel weight. I use it as a small hopper for 1 - 2 doses with the weight, which simulates column of beans of full 250g hopper. It could be also used for SD.

#12: Post by Peter_SVK (original poster) »

ferk wrote:Hi Peter,
Thanks for the great review. I'vee been searching for information on the Studio and your post is the most complete one I could find.

I just bought a Studio myself, waiting for it to be delivered. Hope I don't have the PF leak issue as I am really terrible with manual work. Do you have any information if this is still happening in new machines?

How long did it take for you to tune in the machine and get used to it? I am upgrading from an ECM Classika that I am really used to and was wondering how different it will be to move from it to the DC.
You are welcome.
Congratulations to new gadget! As mentioned in my post, monitoring few Studio forums, I was the only one having problem with PF leaks from first Studio batch. So far there were no more similar issues documented on German and Romanian forums. However do not expect that easy of PF tightening on Studio like you are used to from E61 ECM, I think DC PF lugs have not optimal rising edge angle (you could compare with E61 PF lugs once it arrives).

How long did it take to me? :D Hmmm ... 3 - 4 coffees? I haven't counted. :wink: If you are an experienced user comming from E61 58mm, you just need to find sweet spot of 54mm basket filling (and grind accordingly, of course), which is for me ca. 18g of light roasted coffee (i.e. Gardelli) for h30 double basket and ca. 20g for h32 double basket (purchased extra). I do not use singles as I drink double ristrettos only.

Cerini Coffee & Gifts: official US importer for Olympia Express
Sponsored by Cerini Coffee & Gifts
ferk
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by ferk »

Thanks for the reply on the leak issue! I am looking forward to receiving the machine. I guess it might take me some time to adjust to the 54mm portafilter, but should not be a problem. I pretty much use the same recipe as you for the pure shots and the cappuccinos. Hopefully will get good results soon!

alpine0000

#14: Post by alpine0000 »

Peter_SVK wrote:Of course, no problem. It's custom designed (by me) and custom made of aluminium with stainless steel weight. I use it as a small hopper for 1 - 2 doses with the weight, which simulates column of beans of full 250g hopper. It could be also used for SD.
Beautiful!

Bluenoser

#15: Post by Bluenoser »

Peter_SVK wrote:If Studio would have flow profiling, it would be called Mina :) . Dalla Corte will not canibalize their own products, so Studio will never have pressure or flow profiling ... unless you do it yourself :)
So you've done flow profiling with your own mod??

The Mina is over $10k here.. wow..
You know.. with a Monolith grinder and a Robot.. wonder if one got good at Robot extractions how much taste difference would be in the cup.. for $10k vs $400..

#16: Post by Peter_SVK (original poster) »

Watch the forum in next days and you'll get the answer. :wink:

If Mina is $10k in Canada, Studio should be half of that price, at least in Europe is that so.

#17: Post by Peter_SVK (original poster) »

Peter_SVK wrote: ..
Not so good:
- There is no glass or plastic screen in front of the display, just rectangular chamfered hole is stamped in ss front panel (display window).
According to the latest finding I have to correct that above - in front of the display there is a plain plastic or glass clear screen sticked to the front panel from behind. It is not recognizable even when viewed closely.

BPlus: turning your coffee spirit
Sponsored by BPlus
Jasonmrichards

#18: Post by Jasonmrichards »

Hi Peter

Great review thank you.

Pleaase can you tell me what the tiny hopper is on your grinder (is it a Mahlkonig)? I have a Peak but want to minimise its height and appearance. I know they do a 500g hopper and a tiny 250g one for the E43 but wasnt sure if that would fit the Peak.

Did you once do a review of the Dalla Corte Mini? I'm sure i bought one around 10 or 12 years ago based on your review?

Many thanks

Jason

#19: Post by Peter_SVK (original poster) »

Hi Jason,

that's an aluminium hopper designed specifically for MK E65S, custom made on the lathe and mill, not available as aftermarket product. Will not fit PEAK nor K30 (different neck and mounting interface).

No, that wasn't me, I've never had Mini. :) However, I hope you was happy with Mini and are happy with Studio.

If you are interested, there are also other threads about Studio (upgrades) in H-B Espresso Machines forum. :wink:

Peter

Tzuyu

#20: Post by Tzuyu »

How much would it cost to make a hopper like that?