Dalla Corte 58mm Kit - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Peter_SVK

#31: Post by Peter_SVK »

Quoteing from the article "...The unique design of our portafilter is ideal for a cup of true Italian espresso ...". Does it mean it is not that ideal for modern 3rd wave espresso? :lol:

RobindG

#32: Post by RobindG »

I think you have a point there. If you use a light roasted SO, ground very fine, dose 20grs, it will only choke with a narrow, high puck. You need a larger diameter to decrease puck height and get the water through.

So I don't think a 54mm nore a 58mm will always be better. It depends on your dose and grind. A bar dosing 14 grs of traditional blend will serve a better double espresso with the smaller basket diameter.

Peter_SVK

#33: Post by Peter_SVK »

Yes, light roasted SO. I dose 18g in h30 basket, fine grind, longer (14s at 4g/s flow rate) or long (27s at 2g/s) preinfusion.

RobindG

#34: Post by RobindG »

The Ethiopian is have now from friedhats.com I dose 18grs in 30mm basket, PI 12s on 3ml/s. I'll try longer. Which flow do you use after PI?

Peter_SVK

#35: Post by Peter_SVK »

7.6g/s factory default (max). I have no Mina, but FP modified Studio, so can set "only" 2 flows plus 3rd flow is 7.6g/s factory default, and any time period combinations of the flows.

RFORESTR

#36: Post by RFORESTR »

Go to Ebay Dalla Corte bottomless portafilter is EE 1098.21, from Edesia Espresso. If in the US you need to purchase via eBay.

RobindG

#37: Post by RobindG replying to RFORESTR »

It doesn't fit 58mm baskets