Dalla Corta Mina User Experience - Page 7

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
radu

#61: Post by radu »

Peter_SVK wrote:Dalla Corte Studio (flow profilling)
... but back to the topic, have anybody tried another than original shower screen(s)?
The original shower screen is the IMS Nanotech / Nanoquartz. There is no other "better" shower screen. The 58mm kit comes with a different showerscreen, but it seems to be dispersing water propperly.
LMWDP #616

Peter_SVK

#62: Post by Peter_SVK »

I'm sorry, but I don't think so, I've found at least 5 types, hence my original question. I was not speaking abour "better" shower screens either, but asking about user experience with different ones. :wink:

3 supplied by DC (Mina, Studio), part numbers:
B-MC-0039 (default one, supplied with the machine)
B-MC-0039A (the same one, but nanocoated)
B-MC-0461 (shower with the outer mesh screen, as far as noticed from the LF picture)

B-MC-0039, default shower (optional B-MC-0039A should be the same, but nanocoated)

B-MC-0461, optional shower

and 2 from IMS, SP200IM and SP200NT (the same, like SP200IM, but nanoquartz)

I have tested IMS SP200IM, but haven't tested nor even seen available DC B-MC-0461. Dalla Corte default shower screen is definitelly not the same like IMS SP200IM nor nanocoated.

NelisB

#63: Post by NelisB »

***Post deleted by author***

Peter_SVK

#64: Post by Peter_SVK »

If you are asking about 54mm one, so yes, genuine bottomless PF is made (supplied) by Dalla Corte, however there also exist 3rd party bottomless PFs as well.

I think that would not work correctly unless one would live with 54mm diffusor and shower screen in 58mm baskets, because 58mm diffusor and shower screen would not fit to 54mm baskets, IMO.

RFORESTR

#65: Post by RFORESTR »

I placed an order from Whole Latte Love for the Dalla Corte Mina with the frothing wand and the 58mm porta filter options. I was wondering what beans and profiles you are happy with.

RobindG

#66: Post by RobindG »

Peter_SVK wrote: 3 supplied by DC (Mina, Studio), part numbers:
B-MC-0039 (default one, supplied with the machine)
B-MC-0039A (the same one, but nanocoated)
B-MC-0461 (shower with the outer mesh screen, as far as noticed from the LF picture).
I tried my 3 screens: the default B-MC-0039(A), the IMS that came as an extra with the machine, I guess it's the B-MC-0461 and the IMS that came with the 58mm kit. The default B-MC-0039 has the most beautiful and even rain dance. And untill now I get the best extractions with that one.

Peter_SVK

#67: Post by Peter_SVK »

Thanks Robin, I've tested only 2 screens and came to the same conclusion.

RobindG

#68: Post by RobindG »

What a great machine! Getting beautiful results. This is my most recent profile:
DFR2 for 12 seconds will bring the first drops. Then for 1.5 sec to 3.5 to bring the pressure to 8/9 bar. Back to 2.0 and pressure will slowly decrease during extraction.

Peter_SVK

#69: Post by Peter_SVK »

Drip coffee on espresso machine? :D

RobindG

#70: Post by RobindG »

8 bar drip in 35 seconds!