Custom espresso machine build - Page 12

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#111: Post by uscfroadie »

Sean,

Any updates?
Merle

lennoncs (original poster)

#112: Post by lennoncs (original poster) »

Hi all

I am not dead (it was questionable a few weeks ago)
Nor is this machine....far from it

I had an offer to ride the Continental Divide trail through Wyoming and Colorado, so I took it!

We wound up pushing as far as the Plains of San Agustin (New Mexico) where I stuffed It and took a handlebar end in the gut.
I thought it was just a badly bruised muscle but that turned into a "herniated abdominal tear" that turned into "we have gone farther than we originally planned, lets go home and tend to this"

so...I have been recovering after surgery last week.

I did, however, have a lot of time to think about the machine during the ride and will pick up work on it in the next week or so.

cheers,
Sean
Sean Lennon
Davisburg Mi.

LMWDP #086

Advertisement
sprint jinx

#113: Post by sprint jinx »

Sending wishes for a speedy recovery, and keep the rubber side down!

Chert

#114: Post by Chert »

lennoncs wrote:I thought it was just a badly bruised muscle but that turned into a "herniated abdominal tear" that turned into "we have gone farther than we originally planned, lets go home and tend to this"

so...I have been recovering after surgery last week.

cheers,
Sean
I checked in on this awesome thread and learned that you were hurt. I hope all is getting much better for you and mending well.
LMWDP #198

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#115: Post by uscfroadie »

Sean,

Sorry to see that my reply a month ago never went through.

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune...and what a small world. My best friend was racing the Tour Divide close to the same time you went ride parts of it (or at least very near the route). I hope you had much better weather than he did. They started in Banff and had rain for pretty much the first seven days straight, though I think that was a little north of where you started.

I love mountain biking, but I tend to push the envelope more and more when I ride trails which usually results in me eventually eating it. And being in my mid-forties, I don't heal so fast anymore...and it just seems more painful now than it did when I was younger, but man is it fun.

I hope the recovery went well and allowed you to spend time on alternative interests that maybe you were hoping to get to when time allowed.

All the best,
Merle
Merle

beta14ok

#116: Post by beta14ok »

Rest & Heal !!

I've been following this thread since the start, ............very good stuff !

TomC
Team HB

#117: Post by TomC »

Summoning Sean for a thread revival :twisted:
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
lennoncs (original poster)

#118: Post by lennoncs (original poster) »

Ok Tom,
You found me :D

I am sorry we couldnt meet up whil I am in the Bay area.

To those who are interested;
I try to think things through while travelling and trips to Japan recently have given me a great chance to mull things over.
I am not very fond of the pump installation in the machine, it works well and is functional but is a bit hard on space usage. to that end I am re-configuring the pump installation to situate both pumps pointing out the back of the machine....this gives me room for the bypass valve on the brew pump and a better setup for vibration isolation.

I have also been struggling with the packaging for this thing, which leads me a second bit of fun...
I have at my disposal a 5 axis machining center that I am considering using to mill fitted panels for the cover.
Think "big, curved, finned panels"

I am in SanFrancisco at the moment and dont have a photo of any progress but will work on that upon my return.

cheers,
sean
Sean Lennon
Davisburg Mi.

LMWDP #086

Chert

#119: Post by Chert »

Oh, Happy Day! Sean and this thread are back!!!
LMWDP #198

yakster
Supporter ♡

#120: Post by yakster »

lennoncs wrote:I have at my disposal a 5 axis machining center that I am considering using to mill fitted panels for the cover.
Think "big, curved, finned panels"
I like the sounds of that.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272