Crem One steam tip

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
CTH

#1: Post by CTH »

Hi,

This is an incredibly niche and specific question (and isn't that the entire point of this forum?), but I recently owned a Crem One, and while it did have major flaws that led to me returning it, I was able to get perfect milk texture every single time with it.

I've now upgraded to an ECM Synchronika, and no comparison between the machines, the ECM is a clear winner. However I purchased the machine second hand, and it had been 'upgraded' with a 5 hole tip. I can't get this to work for me, and after trying and practicing for now 3 months, I have to change it. I get huge bubbles, no silky texture.

So ... how many steam tip holes does the Crem One come stock with? My thought is to just change to whatever the Crem came with, as that worked so well for me before.

Thanks in advance!

CTH (original poster)

#2: Post by CTH (original poster) »

Does anyone have any idea?

There's a lot of Crem owners here, I hope someone can have a look for me. Thanks in advance!

JRising
Team HB

#3: Post by JRising »

By Googling Crem One Parts I can find a diagram: http://download2.creminternational.com/ ... SPM_EN.pdf

The manual calls it: 30370185 Nozzle_Steam_Tap_2H_8.5mm,
The accessories page also shows a three hole one available.

So I have an idea that it's a 2 hole nozzle on a stock machine, but I am not going to bet on it or be concerned if you google it and prove me wrong.

A Synchronika 2 hole tip is part number P002.4 if that helps.

CTH (original poster)

#4: Post by CTH (original poster) »

Thanks a lot!

jgood

#5: Post by jgood »

The other issue beside the # of holes is the size of the holes. BTW the "standard" steam wands come in two versions -- the one threaded on the inside and the ones threaded on the outside. If you unthread the tip you'll see which kind you have. Most of the tips are interchangeable within those categories. You are not limited to a tip from the maker of the machine.