Constant dripping from E61 grouphead - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Ruppert (original poster)

#11: Post by Ruppert (original poster) »

Hey Guys!

It's me again!

Stopping by to say "Thank You!" again.

Changed a few rubber gaskets, some O-rings, and the whole thing works like new again.

I must admit, it was pretty bad. But thanks to you guys, now I know what to do to keep it working as it should.

Posted some pics above. Hope it helps in the future if anyone else has the same issue.

The dripping has stopped, and so has the excess steam.

Back washed it several times. It is as clean as it can be and best of all, it makes a knock'em dead espresso.

Thank you, once again.

Mario.

kaioslider

#12: Post by kaioslider »

Hello All,
I'm having this exact same problem and - perhaps it's just a coincidence - the dripping started right after I upgraded the pressure stat from the stock CEME to a Jagger.

I have a Quick Mill Vetrano. And, like Ruppert, I took apart my group and cleaned it hoping that would resolved the issue; it did not. I'm almost 100% sure it's worn gaskets from what they looked like when I had the group apart.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whom manufactures the E61 Group Head for the Quick Mill Vetrano? I think somewhere along the way I picked up that it was Faema. I noted the Grouphead Kit E61 available at Stefano through the link provided by Dan. Would this work for me? I'm actually kinda surprised Chris Coffee does not offer a similar kit. I'll shoot Chris an email in the mean time.

Thanks
This plan is so bad, it must be one of ours!

HB
Admin

#13: Post by HB »

kaioslider wrote:Would this work for me? I'm actually kinda surprised Chris Coffee does not offer a similar kit. I'll shoot Chris an email in the mean time.
I'm sure it would, but you should work through Chris/Roger at Chris' Coffee Service since they will send you only the parts you need rather than a full rebuild kit.
Dan Kehn

BobS

#14: Post by BobS »

There is a fairly complete set of instructions for tearing down and rebuilding an E61 group head at -
http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/e61-group-servicing

Bob

beta14ok

#15: Post by beta14ok »

Stefano's E61 rebuild kit is excellent. And his service is FAST!

http://www.espressocare.com/

It was an easy 1-ish hour job....and I'm back in action rockin' the CCC Espresso Aficionado.

Cheers,
dmm