Connector for La Marzocco GS/3 steam boiler drain hose?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
newmanium

#1: Post by newmanium »

Something I've been meaning to get for a long time... anybody know what size connector the steam boiler drain valve is on the GS/3? I'd love to be able to connect a hose and drain into the sink without worrying about water spilling randomly everywhere onto the electronics.

I've searched quite a bit and couldn't find anything, sorry if it's been asked before.

AssafL

#2: Post by AssafL »

3/8 BSP.
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

AssafL

#3: Post by AssafL »

This is what the mating pipe looks like. I use espresso parts V-474.

Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

newmanium (original poster)

#4: Post by newmanium (original poster) »

Perfect - thanks for the info, got an order coming.

Filletfellini
Supporter

#5: Post by Filletfellini »

Tech tip: release the pressure, undo the full probe, stick John guest in fill probe hole and siphon to your drain.

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by Peppersass »

I use a brass threaded hose barb obtainable in just about any hardware store. The hose barb is inserted in an appropriately sized clear plastic tube, which I also got at a hardware store. Tube goes into a gallon plastic jug. Gravity does the rest.

Pretty sure the female threaded end of the brass fitting is NPT, but I don't recall the size. It must be close to 3/8 BSP because it screws onto the GS/3 drain fitting just fine. I only hand-tighten because it's probably not a good idea to fully tighten an NPT fitting onto a BSP fitting. Besides, a relatively loose fit is fine -- the water isn't under pressure so there won't be any leakage.