COFFEEJACK, The Pocket Sized Barista (Kickstarter) - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
C-Antonio

#11: Post by C-Antonio »

It actually says right in the video "pump approximately 8 times for ... (I think he says "full"?)... quality espresso extraction"
(am i pumping with hot water in the open reservoir right under my hand? trying to be fast before the water cools too much? or pump it first then pour the water? or like it shows in one of the corners of the prototypes shots in the video at every stroke of the pump I suck water in and squeeze trough the coffee?... )

But the point of a good coffee is not just to deliver 9 bars on top of the puck... otherwise any machine would just give a perfect espresso...

Ah who knows maybe it works...

I still prefer a simple moka for camping
(but if they send me one for free Im happy to try it out :mrgreen: )
“Eh sì sì sì…sembra facile (fare un buon caffè)!”

baldheadracing
Team HB

#12: Post by baldheadracing »

I wouldn't back based on the comments about their previous KS projects.

In these small devices temperature attainment/stability is often the issue, followed by longevity of seals.

I'm always looking for something small that improves upon the Handpresso Intenso. I don't think that this is it.

(EspressoForge/Robot/Portaspresso/Flair are great devices, but are larger/heavier.)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

truemagellen

#13: Post by truemagellen »

C-Antonio wrote: But the point of a good coffee is not just to deliver 9 bars on top of the puck... otherwise any machine would just give a perfect espresso...

Bingo my Elektra Mcal putting out 5-7 bars makes amazing shots...only when the temperature is in a relatively tight range :mrgreen:

But there is a big sticker on the display at Walmart for De'longhis that says it hits 9 bar!

guydebord

#14: Post by guydebord »

looks like too much hassle for just 14gr of "espresso"
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

AllNight

#15: Post by AllNight »

belegnole

#16: Post by belegnole »

lol
LMWDP #641

redbone

#17: Post by redbone »

^
^^
Repeatedly says and even posts "eXpresso" vs espresso. Still funny mind you but....
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

C-Antonio

#18: Post by C-Antonio »

Some people have too much time in their hands.
is there a busted video for the busted video?
its not "e-X-presso"... (not even the forum lets me write the whole word with an X)
“Eh sì sì sì…sembra facile (fare un buon caffè)!”

thirdcrackfourthwave

#19: Post by thirdcrackfourthwave replying to C-Antonio »

LOL, pretty much. This video is like the dumb man's Hoffman. Here's an idea, rather than screwing around with syringes get the actual product and test it.