Coffee Sensor Flow Control Device - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jrham12

#21: Post by jrham12 »

I also received my replacement parts yesterday and installed them with great results... Previously I was only getting about 3/4 turn of meaningful restriction (zero flow to 3/4 turn open being equal to flow rate with stock mushroom). With the new parts installed, I'm getting about 1-1/2 turns from zero flow to stock rate.
Very happy with the results and Tudor at Coffee Sensor has been a pleasure to deal with throughout the process! Well done!

Josh

Paolo

#22: Post by Paolo »

Has anyone with a Vesuvius fitted this kit to their machine?

I would really like to hear how successful this transplant is in this machine.

glepore

#23: Post by glepore »

Just here to praise Tudor's excellent service and response time. Mine arrived dhl, installed relatively easily and totally fixed my issue. Much greater range of control now.

Just one note-if you take this thing apart-and you might want to occassionally to clean the parts-like maybe once a year-the wrench flats require a narrowish 19mm wrench, and the screen internally will need a new oring, most likely.

But it now functions on my Izzo as Tudor intended.

CoffeeSensor

#24: Post by CoffeeSensor »

Thank you guys and God bless you, for supporting this small family business.
My next moves are the new spring to cancel pre infusion chamber and of course, the Vibiemme FCD :)
Cheers !

tinman143

#25: Post by tinman143 replying to CoffeeSensor »

Nice Tudor. When do you anticipate it being ready?

Howardsmith

#26: Post by Howardsmith »

For anyone interested I have the flow kit from Tudor at Coffee Sensor and it is a lovely kit of kit.

I will be doing some testing which will carry on from a lot of e61 HX temperature testing that I did once I get my head around the best way to work this thing. I have been in touch with John at Decent Espresso for some advice so will be interesting to see what we can learn from the super sophisticated Decent machine to be implemented on a completley manual machine.

I have the flow kit working on my Rocket Appartamento and it functions really well and looks great.