Carrying case for a Rocket/ECM

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaMcBob

#1: Post by BaristaMcBob »

Has anyone come across a good carrying case for a prosumer home machine? This is slightly nuts, but I like to bring my machine with me when I go on vacation.

jgood

#2: Post by jgood »

Is this a car trip? -- I would hate to see what the airlines could do with a machine! If it was me I'd get a Robot and a Bellman for travel -- in fact I am considering just that. But Pelican cases do come in pretty large sizes and are used to transport cinema equipment and the like....

SandraF

#3: Post by SandraF »

I'm not sure of the exact size, but sewing sergers have "rolling suitcase" type carriers for when you need to go somewhere with your serger. They are well padded.

Here's a generic link I found with serger cases on wheels. That's the route I'd go.

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Mary- ... B087YN37LY

JettLag

#4: Post by JettLag »

Appreciate that this is built to be a portable machine, but I've always thought that Rocket's Porta Via machine is well done. In my next life as a touring rock musician or circus performer, I'll have one to take on the road.

https://www.rocket-espresso.com/phone/portavia.html

BaristaMcBob (original poster)

#5: Post by BaristaMcBob (original poster) »

Thank you for the tips and suggestions.

Just to clarify: This would be for transport with my car and I don't intend to buy another machine. I'm not camping - just visiting friends.

PeetsFan

#6: Post by PeetsFan »

Buy a Pelican case. Or the cheap generic version at Harbor Freight

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Pressino »

SandraF wrote:I'm not sure of the exact size, but sewing sergers have "rolling suitcase" type carriers for when you need to go somewhere with your serger. They are well padded.

Here's a generic link I found with serger cases on wheels. That's the route I'd go.

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Mary- ... B087YN37LY
The size is listed as about 15x11x17 inches, which may be a bit too small for the OP's machines...and I'm not sure how rigid the bag is.Maybe building a box to fit out of 1/2" phywood would work. You could use brass corner reinforcements and a hinged top with carrying handles on the side. Easy to build to closely fit a mechine andprotect it while transporting by car.

BaristaMcBob (original poster)

#8: Post by BaristaMcBob (original poster) »

Thanks for the tip. I looked into it. The Pelican 0350 would fit but it's $400. Harbor Freight's generic brand, Apache, doesn't have any cases nearly large enough. My head is more along the lines of a padded tote bag for about $50. The free green Amazon Fresh delivery box would be perfect if it were only a bit larger.