Breville Dual Boiler Suggestions for Daily Cleaning Routine - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaBob

#11: Post by BaristaBob »

Jebez wrote:Hi Bob,

May I ask what grinder do you use?
I just purchased a Sette 270 to go with the BDB. Though I'm not certain that I'll be keeping it. There appear to be some problems with it, and I'm having concerns given the number of issues I've seen posted here.

Cheers!
I have a Rancilio Rocky. I have to do some special tricks to make this grinder perform decently such as...freeze beans, and WDT. I have a Monolith Concial on the away come September. :lol:
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

lancealot

#12: Post by lancealot »

I dont think it is necessary to drain the brew boiler, since it gets drained and refilled due to brewing. But i do think that draining the steam boiler is a good idea. The process of steaming concentrates minerals in the steam boiler. On most machines, where the hot water tap comes off the steam boiler, using the water tap sligtly refreshes the water in the steam boiler. On the bdb, the hot water comes off the brew boiler so the only way to reduce the mineral content in the steam boiler is by draining it and letting the machine refill it. Thats the way i understand it anyway.

I use a ceado E6P v2 grinder. Ive never used the sette but it seems like it has some advantages over my ceado.

Jebez (original poster)
Supporter

#13: Post by Jebez (original poster) replying to lancealot »

Thank you lancelot. Your point is well taken. I might consider draining the steam boiler as well. I can't imagine that it's very complicated.