Breville Dual Boiler "Slayer shots"? - Page 75

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Beaurista

#741: Post by Beaurista »

Thank you so much!
I wanted to chime back in and let you know I've really been enjoying the shots I've been pulling with the water knob adjustment. I've been using the espresso profiler app with the new Decent scale it's really cool to log the shots and see the data for the shots.
Thank you again for the water knob recommendation.
B

CarreraRSR

#742: Post by CarreraRSR »

Need Help

Just got my new BDB yesterday and am doing the slayer mod. I'm proficient at mechanical things and have done the install correctly.

However, water still comes out of the hot water spigot. If I close the knob where water does not flow out of the faucet nothing comes out of the group head either.

Any suggestions?

luvmy40

#743: Post by luvmy40 »

You have to block off the water spigot. A gasket inside the nozzle or a cap instead of the nozzle.

tennisman03110

#744: Post by tennisman03110 »

After almost two years of loving my stock 920, I broke down and did the mod. Why I don't know. Curious I guess.

It works as expected. Disengaged the microswitch and blocked off the hot water spigot. P.S. That line is linked, should I try to fix?

My real issue. The hot water knob on my machine is so darn sensitive. It's seemingly impossible to not go from 9 bar to 1 bar during a shot. Does this vary machine to machine? Is there a way to get a larger range, without doing the needle valve mod?

Thanks!

lancealot

#745: Post by lancealot »

I can't say if yours is more sensitive than mine or if it varies from one machine to another, but yeah, it is too damn sensitive. That's precisely why others looked for other needle valves to replace the stock one. With some time and experience, you'll get the feel for it.

tennisman03110

#746: Post by tennisman03110 »

It's hard to tell, but from videos I've seen online, my machine is next level sensitive. I did see the mod of re-routing just the hot water tube directly back into the boiler, to control the flow only at the end of the shot.

Thinking I might go back to stock (annoyingly enough) and putting a cup under the hot water spigot, on the instances I do some "dumb" flow control. Worked before, wait till the water is cool and pour back into the tank.

This is what I get for getting back on this forum after a year. FOMO of the unknown. :lol:

bolido21.

#747: Post by bolido21. »

Hello,

I have performed the mod but when switching the machine on and pressing the manual button to pull a shot no water runs through the shower screen. The routing is as per mentioned on this post and I blocked the spigot with a rubber from a bicycle tube. The machine is new from November last year.

I did the mod as per the video posted by Andi on YouTube.

What is the microswitch I need to remove? Can someone please send me pictures?

Right as per the routing configuration the machine is useless

Thanks in advance

bolido21.

#748: Post by bolido21. »

Hello,

Can you please tell me how I turn the microswitch off for running the mod properly. I have done the re routing of the cables but the machine is not working

Thanks

cmin

#749: Post by cmin replying to bolido21. »

I just snapped a pic quickly but just move this out of the way

cmin

#750: Post by cmin »

tennisman03110 wrote:After almost two years of loving my stock 920, I broke down and did the mod. Why I don't know. Curious I guess.

It works as expected. Disengaged the microswitch and blocked off the hot water spigot. P.S. That line is linked, should I try to fix?

My real issue. The hot water knob on my machine is so darn sensitive. It's seemingly impossible to not go from 9 bar to 1 bar during a shot. Does this vary machine to machine? Is there a way to get a larger range, without doing the needle valve mod?

Thanks!
It's extremely sensitive but you get used to it, I have mine marked on knob and body for basically midway point when lined up , so I know from closed how much room I have to play with or I know a lil more above is getting into full open (instead of just turning knob the whole way on).

It's def frustrating at first, trust me, I had no idea how sensitive it would be lol. Some videos make it seem like they have a huge range to smoothly adjust but it's really not like that. If you look up the Jake needle valve mod that's what some have done to make a more easier and larger range.