Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance - Page 77

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cmin

#761: Post by cmin »

Edit - dp

cmin

#762: Post by cmin »

pcrussell50 wrote:bdb

lancealot wrote:bdb
luvmy40 wrote:bdb

Is there any other option for the brass pump and opv connection fitting? I ordered almost a month ago, and was supposed to arrive in this time frame and still hasn't. Had to ship from London on ebay since its BSP, but w/o that part sol. Ughhh, machines been apart for a month waiting on that and don't know if it'll even arrive. Or if it'll arrive maybe today, maybe 3 months from now. They have no way of tracking as supplier said too expensive now for tracking on items like that.

Had other things ship overseas on time or actually early. Sucks that a $5 part is the fix or trash it point for the machine.

cmin

#763: Post by cmin »

lancealot wrote: Here's another example https://www.amazon.com/Legris-3169-04-1 ... =8-49&th=1
A note on these push fittings: I like the metal ones, I just trust them more. Either of the above ones will work though.
I'm running into a wall, ordered fitting about month ago and still not here and they have no way of tracking, the amazon one out of stock. Any other option, Machine has been sitting useless as a paperweight since January, brass pump and opv sitting here but no stupid $5 connector lol. I can't find anywhere. So seems the brass mods are pointless now? Unless someone can find a connector that fits and actually gets delivered.

lancealot

#764: Post by lancealot »

Macmaster Carr has this https://www.mcmaster.com/fittings/unive ... -size~1-8/
I think it's the one, 4mm tube and 1/8" pipe? Macmaster Carr has so much stuff and navigating their website is an esoteric experience. I am at work and short on time. Just make sure you do your homework and don't blame me :)
At a quick glance it seems to be the same as the Legris one you linked (I linked) from Amazon. These are "universal threads" I think the built in oring makes it work with BSPP, BSPT, NPT etc. I've used this kind, with the built in o-ring. It is really easy to tear the o-ring if you over tighten or have to re-use the fitting so be careful.

I also called whole latte love's parts / service department and gotten them to sell me just the elbow fitting from this kit
https://www.wholelattelove.com/products ... cement-kit
They said a lot of times thekit shows "out of stock" but they still have the elbows. You have to call them.

Good luck.

cmin

#765: Post by cmin replying to lancealot »

yeah I'll have to try WLL. The one every links ot and Jake used is from London but still hasn't arrived so no clue when or if it will lol. Thanks! Better than machine sitting here like a paperweight

cmin

#766: Post by cmin »

lancealot wrote:Macmaster Carr has this https://www.mcmaster.com/fittings/unive ... -size~1-8/
I think it's the one, 4mm tube and 1/8" pipe? Macmaster Carr has so much stuff and navigating their website is an esoteric experience. I am at work and short on time. Just make sure you do your homework and don't blame me :)
At a quick glance it seems to be the same as the Legris one you linked (I linked) from Amazon. These are "universal threads" I think the built in oring makes it work with BSPP, BSPT, NPT etc. I've used this kind, with the built in o-ring. It is really easy to tear the o-ring if you over tighten or have to re-use the fitting so be careful.

I also called whole latte love's parts / service department and gotten them to sell me just the elbow fitting from this kit
https://www.wholelattelove.com/products ... cement-kit
They said a lot of times thekit shows "out of stock" but they still have the elbows. You have to call them.

Good luck.
Go figure, fitting ended up finally arriving today got that all setup, no leaks and adjusted pressure way down as it cranked past 13.

I had the steam drip but never got around to flipping seals so did that few weeks ago while waiting on the fitting. Had to take it back out and use plumbers tape and really tighten down, and tighten the top thin nut tight. No steam leak now but it seems to drip a bit if moved certain way where the screw in the knob threads into the valve. My screw doesn't tighten, you can just keep screwing it. Gunna try taking it back out and using tape on that as well and see.

just4kickz

#767: Post by just4kickz »

Hi everyone. I just attempted the Slayer Mod, but it is not working properly. I have rerouted the tubes correctly with no leaks and have disconnected the micro switch. I am able to control the flow with the hot water needle valve. However, if I open it up at all, hot water comes out of the hot water spigot as well. Do I just need to have a tighter fitting seal for the spigot?

BodieZoffa

#768: Post by BodieZoffa »

cmin wrote:

Is there any other option for the brass pump and opv connection fitting? I ordered almost a month ago, and was supposed to arrive in this time frame and still hasn't. Had to ship from London on ebay since its BSP, but w/o that part sol. Ughhh, machines been apart for a month waiting on that and don't know if it'll even arrive. Or if it'll arrive maybe today, maybe 3 months from now. They have no way of tracking as supplier said too expensive now for tracking on items like that.

Had other things ship overseas on time or actually early. Sucks that a $5 part is the fix or trash it point for the machine.
Breville = appliance grade

luvmy40

#769: Post by luvmy40 »

just4kickz wrote:Hi everyone. I just attempted the Slayer Mod, but it is not working properly. I have rerouted the tubes correctly with no leaks and have disconnected the micro switch. I am able to control the flow with the hot water needle valve. However, if I open it up at all, hot water comes out of the hot water spigot as well. Do I just need to have a tighter fitting seal for the spigot?
You need to block off the water spigot. Most use a thick silicone gasket in the spigot nozzle. Some find a cap with the proper threads. You can also pull the tubing out of the spigot and cap it internally.

RT1688

#770: Post by RT1688 »

I just want to know what does each probe on the steam boiler and brew do because I need to diagnose a problem.