Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance - Page 55

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
luvmy40

#541: Post by luvmy40 »

Here's the float kit I used on my BDB:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

I just leave it on all the time and have had no problems, but you could just turn the isolation valve on when you are in the kitchen and turn it off when you are done making coffee.

I set it up to keep the reservoir about 1/2 full.

motomd

#542: Post by motomd »

Hi guys. As a preface my Bes920xl was working fine I bought it used. I replaced the o rings, reconditioned the steam wand, replaced the solenoid and adjusted OPV to 10.5 bars. Just recently when pulling a shot it will go from 10.5 bars to like 9 or 8 which was a much larger drop than before it usually stayed at 10 or 9.5. The puck was soggy before but now it's soggy with like an indentation in the middle of it. When I use a blind basket I get 10.5 bars of pressure. Peter mentioned if there is water before I stop the pump in the drip tray it's the solenoid and if there is no water until after I stop the pump it's the Ulka. Can someone clarify how to diagnose a pump failure or OPV? I'm not sure what else to do for my machine thank you!

darkmatterrhythm

#543: Post by darkmatterrhythm »

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me? I need help finding the tube that feeds into the Steam boiler discussed here:
Breville Dual Boiler Steam Boiler Port Repair, Lower Side Wall

I unfortunately damaged the tube while replacing the O ring :| and lost one of the U clips.

I tried to find the part on https://www.ereplacementparts.com/ but it seems that alot of them are discontinued.
I also called Breville to get the part number but they were not helpful.

any help is appreciated, thank you!

athoangphan

#544: Post by athoangphan »

darkmatterrhythm wrote: I tried to find the part on https://www.ereplacementparts.com/ but it seems that alot of them are discontinued.
I also called Breville to get the part number but they were not helpful.
Hi, you could potentially make your own replacement tube. You will need a 4mm OD 3mm ID PTFE Teflon such as this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PTFE-Teflon-Tu ... 890.l49286

Just make sure that you retain the end metal inserts and boots. Please see more info here on the hairpin clips: Breville Dual Boiler - fixing leaks and other maintenance

Sandman012

#545: Post by Sandman012 »

Hi all, have had my 920 a couple years. 2nd one, first one broke and was replaced under warranty by this one. A couple of weeks ago hot water dispenser stopped working, then a few days ago machine stopped pumping water through the group head. I called breville support and they asked me if I had ever descaled, I said no, as I was never prompt to by the machine. We have well water.

They're having me run the D scale cycles, but I am dubious this is the problem. Or at least that is simple the scale would fix it.

I can return the machine to them for $350 and get back a working machine, but figured I would see if there was some simple troubleshooting and repair steps I might do myself.

Appreciate any thoughts or guidance

luvmy40

#546: Post by luvmy40 replying to Sandman012 »

Does the pump run when trying to dispense water through either the brew head or the water spigot?

It could be a bad pump, bad solenoid or bad control board. The pump and solenoid are relatively cheap and easy to replace. No idea about the main board.

Have you done any of the flow control mods? Could be a simple loose wire.

jevenator

#547: Post by jevenator »

I'm finally getting around to trying to fix my own BDB. My dad got the brass ferrule out of the boiler by tapping into it and drilling it out. I have no idea where my spare ferrule and insert went so I'm out of luck there unless someone has a spare. I ordered 3 different tubes from ereplacement parts to try to source the ferrule b/c my previous 2 orders were canceled with them because they're out of stock indefinitely.

Sirjoel98

#548: Post by Sirjoel98 »

Having an issue with my dual boiler here is a video of the problem please help http://www.youtube.com/shorts/6e3ZYUkREkQ?feature=share

athoangphan

#549: Post by athoangphan »

Just wanted to share a finding. I was able to remove the water tank sensor and make the machine think that the tank is always there/full by shorting the circuit using a jumper (see attached image). This allowed me to plumb in my machine and remove the water tank completely, I used the empty area to store the relay and cables :)

On the PCB controller, there are three sensor labled "CON11", "CON10", "CON12". My guess is "CON" for continuity? :) CON11 is the water tank sensor, CON10 is the steam valve sensor, and CON12 is hot water sensor.

If you would like plumbing in your machine and completely remove the water tank, then use a jumper to connect the two "CON11" poles and as always do this at your own risk :)

jasiano

#550: Post by jasiano »

Hi all

I know this has been asked/posted/shown before, but I've been searching for the past hour and can't find it...

how do you remove the top cover of the BDB? On one of the first posts in this thread there was a link to a CoffeeGeek forum that no longer exists, and google just shows videos of people modding stuff once the top is already off.

Sorry to be the dumb one....
-Jason

Down Under