Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance - Page 106

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Munchies

#1051: Post by Munchies »

BodieZoffa wrote:Can they make those things any more flimsy? Thing looks like they have joined forces with Fisher-Price. Looks as if the rear housing has bowed simply by lifting the lid.
Its not bowed. I took out the two top screws holding it together so it kinda comes apart. With screws back on its rock solid

Munchies

#1052: Post by Munchies »

BaristaBob wrote:I'm interested in the production date like Chris.

I think it's on a sticker on the housing that holds the water tank. I believe mine said 1525...meaning 2015, week 25.
Manufacture date around mid 2022 (32nd week)

BaristaBob

#1053: Post by BaristaBob replying to Munchies »

Thanks, Munchies...

My machine predates your by over seven years! In that time frame, I've replaced all the 007 o-rings, two steam valves, one solenoid, main vibe pump.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

*sigh*

#1054: Post by *sigh* »

lancealot wrote:Wow. That's what I'm talking about. When did you buy this one? Any clue what the production date is? These machines have been out of stock on Breville's USA site for a while now. I wonder if all new machines will have this revision!
They should, I believe they moved to these hex nuts around 2019 so it's been around for awhile.

Munchies

#1055: Post by Munchies replying to *sigh* »

i believe they initially just replaced 2 or 3 of the ports with hex nuts but in 2022 they did it for all of the ports

So far it seems there are 3 variations:

*sigh*

#1056: Post by *sigh* »

Good to know!

BaristaBob

#1057: Post by BaristaBob »

Munchies wrote:i believe they initially just replaced 2 or 3 of the ports with hex nuts but in 2022 they did it for all of the ports

So far it seems there are 3 variations:

I'm interested to know whether Breville did any modification to the side port on the steam boiler...the hardest o-ring to change.

*sigh*

#1058: Post by *sigh* replying to BaristaBob »

I have a new machine coming this week, I'll do d some exploration.

I sent my 6 year old machine in for a number of repairs, including a tube stuck in the side port that I could not remove due to scale. They sent me a replacement but it had a pump issue so they are replacing that machine with a Dynamic Duo combo since the stand alone BDB is out of stock. Can't wait to see if the Smart Pro can unseat the monolith flat on my bar :lol:

BaristaBob

#1059: Post by BaristaBob replying to *sigh* »

That side port is a bear even with 20-40 hardness water. I almost gave up on getting it out, but it finally came free. Then cleaning all the grime around the port was a nightmare too. Oh well, it hasn't leaked yet, not with those AFLAS o-rings. I sure hope Breville replaced that one with the nut fitting as well.

Your grinder challenge cracks me up! I can't wait for the triple blind taste test results...I'm on pins and needles!!! :lol:

*sigh*

#1060: Post by *sigh* »

Yeah I neglected mine a bit too long and ended up ripping a hole in the tube trying to get it out. Had a dying pump and a number of other small issues too so I figured I'd bite the bullet and get a refresh the $400 repair cost. I'll make sure to take the new machine apart and check the side port connection though!

Haha, it will be a close one!