Breville Dual Boiler, five+ years on - Page 154

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
NadelRan

#1531: Post by NadelRan »

duplicate

NadelRan

#1532: Post by NadelRan »

luvmy40 wrote: There is a small o-ring in that sensor assembly that is replaceable, if you can source the right size o-ring. Otherwise, OutWestCoffee.com sells the replacement sensors at a reasonable price.
hey luvmy40 I think i found the the post where another user Alloftheabove said he replaced his with 5 x 2 x 1.5mm o-rings. Is that the one you recommend ? Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

EDIT: do you recommend i should send this during warranty replacement or replace the orings myself?

luvmy40

#1533: Post by luvmy40 replying to NadelRan »

I can't make any recommendation on the o-rings as I have not replaced them yet. I do think I will try to find the ones Alloftheabove used as he states they worked and fixed his leak.

As far as your warranty goes, replacing the o-rings is an easy enough job. I'd do it myself rather then sending the machine in for warranty repair. I guess it depends on whether you are OK going without your BDB for a few weeks or not.

NadelRan

#1534: Post by NadelRan replying to luvmy40 »

got it, do you recommend putting on dab of silicone grease on the new o-rings?

luvmy40

#1535: Post by luvmy40 replying to NadelRan »

If you can't get the E clip back on the probe, a dab of food grade silicone migh help, but it is not necessary to seal.

NadelRan

#1536: Post by NadelRan »

I managed to replace the o-ring within the temperature probe, and it seem to solve the steam leaking issues. I am tempted to replace the remaining 2 proactively or perhaps wait until they both fail.

level3ninja

#1537: Post by level3ninja replying to NadelRan »

What size O ring is it?

NadelRan

#1538: Post by NadelRan replying to level3ninja »

YeasMate

#1539: Post by YeasMate »

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? im having similar issues!

ChannelingTatum

#1540: Post by ChannelingTatum »

Long time lurker here. Have a 1year old BDB 920. Steam level probe ceramic feedthroughs all leak.

Took the probes out and it didn't even seem like there were o-rings inside the ceramic part. Very loose. Did Breville ship some units missing the orings entirely?

I replaced the other steam orings myself. Should I buy the tiny silicone 5x2x1.5mm orings and install them myself? Do you use tweezers to pull them up over the thicker metal bit at the bottom of the ceramic piece?

Or do folks advise just buying entirely new level probe assemblies.

Thanks in advance.