Sorry, just saw this. Hopefully, you have successfully completed this by now, but if not here are a few additional pointers.
1. Go slow and test fit the scale multiple times during the process.
2. I did not electrical tape anything, but I guess it would not hurt.
3. If I did it again I would cut a small notch to make it easier to remove the scale. I like mine being fully flush as it's aesthetically pleasing, but having to use the hole for removal is sometimes annoying.
4. If you are worried about the charging port you could buy this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10P-Silicone-D ... 1855481684
5. Enjoy the ride and add a shot mirror next