Breville Dual Boiler ball valve detail, pics - Page 30

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Michael Robson

#291: Post by Michael Robson »

Hi there, this is my first time posting but I have had a BES 920 XL for years and am well versed in service to keep it running. I have found the identical steam valve under a different part no. see link below.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/ball- ... 75268.html

I purchased and installed this valve on my machine and it works perfectly. From what I can tell it's the same part for a different model so was assigned a different part no.

I have also had good luck with servicing the steam valve. It's quite easy to pull it apart. Common issues can be fixed:

Replace o-rings to the actuator fitting
Reverse the ball so the deteriorated/corroded side is facing down
Put small stainless washers under the teflon ball seals to tighten them up.

If you are having trouble with the fittings on the top of the boilers leaking(apparently pretty common) replacement o-rings are available at:

https://www.mcmaster.com/o-rings/water- ... o-rings-6/

The correct sizes are dash numbers 060 and 010.

I hope this helps, I am happy to answer questions.

rmn

#292: Post by rmn »

Hi all, I am one of the FB marketplace buyers of BDB "in great condition" tl;dr, it wasn't.

I already purchased a replacement for the steam ball valve complete unit. I also noticed the o'rings are missing where the ball valve meets the steam wand and unfortunately original parts are out of stock/discontinued in the online stores.

Can anyone share the dimensions/numbers of the following o'ring so that I can purchase replacements?
- SP0001706 Seal For Ball Joint Bearing https://www.ereplacementparts.com/seal- ... 10538.html

Also looking for advice on where this o'ring should be placed.

Thanks in advance.

Deryck

#293: Post by Deryck »

By chance has anyone located a refurb kit for the steam valve? Ie - 2 steam pom amd a steam valve tap o ring.

I've flipped the steam poms but would like to install new poms and also replace the tiny o ring for the steam tap on the steam valve which is leaking.

Realise I could just replace the valve, but thats no fun!

puresynapse

#294: Post by puresynapse »

Always great to try and resurrect an old thread!

Does anyone have any insights on the screw used to hold the steam valve in place to the handle? I too grabbed a second BDB cheap to refurb and found when fixed the steam valve that the screw was bent :shock: Its not far from a 4-40 machine screw but is a bit wider with more threads. I could order the part specifically but its like >$15+ shipping from Australia and its got to be a common size worth <$1.

Apparently its part# BES920XL09.17. Here's the Australia link: https://m.bigwarehouse.com.au/breville- ... 21507.html

Any guidance appreciated!

puresynapse

#295: Post by puresynapse »

Deryck wrote:By chance has anyone located a refurb kit for the steam valve? Ie - 2 steam pom amd a steam valve tap o ring.

I've flipped the steam poms but would like to install new poms and also replace the tiny o ring for the steam tap on the steam valve which is leaking.

Realise I could just replace the valve, but thats no fun!
No refurb kit - the steam valve tap O-ring is just a 008 silicone one so ~$3/100 pack and the PTFE washers I don't know - I've asked dshavers for help on that part.

DaveB

#296: Post by DaveB »

FWIW, here's a current, active Amazon link for the PTFE washers for the ball valve:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073C ... =UTF8&th=1

If/when this link goes dead the specs are: 10mm OD; 5mm ID; 2mm thickness.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

fjen

#297: Post by fjen »

Gonna revive this thread because I too bent my screw and could use a new one... Any help would be super appreciated!

ChiefWanshu

#298: Post by ChiefWanshu »

I'm servicing/fixing my BES920 and saw this thread so I decided to do the seal reversal mod as Peter worked out (haven't tested it yet) but when I cracked my valve open it was full of carbon as though the valve had been almost burnt inside. Has anyone else had a valve like this???

mmmmmatthias

#299: Post by mmmmmatthias »

puresynapse wrote:Always great to try and resurrect an old thread!

Does anyone have any insights on the screw used to hold the steam valve in place to the handle? I too grabbed a second BDB cheap to refurb and found when fixed the steam valve that the screw was bent :shock: Its not far from a 4-40 machine screw but is a bit wider with more threads. I could order the part specifically but its like >$15+ shipping from Australia and its got to be a common size worth <$1.

Apparently its part# BES920XL09.17. Here's the Australia link: https://m.bigwarehouse.com.au/breville- ... 21507.html

Any guidance appreciated!
fjen wrote:Gonna revive this thread because I too bent my screw and could use a new one... Any help would be super appreciated!

It seems it's a standard M3x10 screw. (I just bent mine as well when removing it, and was able to replace it.)

Nmccann

#300: Post by Nmccann »

Righto, gave this a crack...

I made it further than OP and grinded down the valve parts to fit the handle. The problem is that when it's closed position on the handle the ball valve is actually open and closed when handle is on open. Therefore This won't work because it has a switch to let the machine know when it's open.

So basically unless you can find a mini ball valve with a switched ball / lever position exactly the same size as the breville one it will not work. You also can't just change the way the switch operates or the handle rotates it's designed to work one way only.

As for the size of it, it was pretty good even though I didn't test fit the lower hose