Breville BES870 solenoid elbow leaking - Page 5

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rettah

#41: Post by rettah »

It lives!

I found a thread where people seemed to have similar issues and suggested the TRIAC on the PCB in the TA4 location, next to the orange wire, had blown and needed to be replaced. I did this (a bit fiddly) and the buzzing was gone. I was then able to get water through the group head. I did have another issue with no steam or hot water. This was due to me installing the solenoid the wrong way around (although it looked the same as the one that came out). Flipped this through 180 degrees and everything is now fine.

The threads on this site have been so useful and saved me many £100s, so thank you to all who contribute.

tomcoleman

#42: Post by tomcoleman »

i also have the leaking 90 degree elblow

i found this ? https://www.coffeesparesdirect.co.uk/in ... w-cemekit1

does anywhere apart from USA or AU sell them? i cant find any UK stockist...

Mine is the plastic version so cant buy the metal version to screw in

rettah

#43: Post by rettah »

That might be the only option unless you swap out the plastic solenoid valve for a metal one and then use the metal elbow. This might be more durable in the long term. I'm not sure how a metal 3 way would match with the height of the plastic 2 way though.

tomcoleman

#44: Post by tomcoleman »

i dont think the metal one even screws into the solinoid ? as mine is the plastic version

shwrtzify

#45: Post by shwrtzify »

Hello all! Glad I found this thread. I am having the same issue but am not quite sure what part I need. Can anyone help me out? I have the Breville/Sage Bambino Plus. See attached pics. Thanks!

shwrtzify

#46: Post by shwrtzify »

In case this is helpful for those that found this thread, my issue was not the solenoid elbow but a different elbow connector which is a common failure point in these machines(see previous post). This is the correct part to fix it:
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/elbow ... 59538.html

(FYI this is for the Breville/Sage Bambino Plus)

The part is slightly different than what is currently in there but hopefully that means it is more robust and will last longer?

For non-particularly handy people like me, let me give you some more maybe obvious info.

You need needle-nose pliers to take off the metal clasp to the right of the connector. The Oetiker metal "ear clamp" clasp is not removeable so you must break it in order to take it off. I had a hell of a time doing that since I didn't have any specific tools to remove it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRPJdFKMFek

Luckily the replacement part comes with a replacement "ear clamp" and o ring. Make sure those go in the same places you removed them from.

I was finally able to get this to work though which saved me hundreds of $$$. Really annoying how Breville makes this so difficult.

nc23coffee

#47: Post by nc23coffee »

I've ordered the solenoid assembly and the elbow connector from ereplacement parts but the parts are basically on indefinite backorder from them.

Does anyone know of any other place where i could get the parts?

luvmy40

#48: Post by luvmy40 »

samx

#49: Post by samx »

Anyone kind enough to send me a plastic elbow (SP0001408) in US (37209)? Its not available here and overseas ebay items are very pricey. Please quote a price if you can. thanks!

userpix/110787_107148_1000001049_hb8547hz_hb7521FA.jpg

samx

#50: Post by samx »

No worries, purchased and installed. No more leaks!