Breville Barista Express - No pressure on 2 shot single wall

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
paulvinh

#1: Post by paulvinh » Dec 02, 2019, 7:46 pm

I just got the Breville Barista Express 870xl last friday. I've been trying to pull a 2 shot single wall all weekend but can not get the pressure meter into the gray recommended area. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and how to resolve it?

I must have wasted 2.5 bags of coffee beans testing this over the weekend. With a 1 shot single wall, I can pull shot with pressure gauge in the right area.

Bluenoser
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Bluenoser » Dec 02, 2019, 9:07 pm

How many grams of coffee are you using. You may need to invest in a cheap scale. I recommend a 500g .01 resolution. Two things to do. Increase dose. try 17g. Grind finer. If you are at finest setting i think that unit has another setting for the top burr. Problem is that your coffee is not providing enough resistance for pump

slipchuck

#3: Post by slipchuck » Dec 04, 2019, 9:44 am

paulvinh wrote:I just got the Breville Barista Express 870xl last friday. I've been trying to pull a 2 shot single wall all weekend but can not get the pressure meter into the gray recommended area. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and how to resolve it?

I must have wasted 2.5 bags of coffee beans testing this over the weekend. With a 1 shot single wall, I can pull shot with pressure gauge in the right area.
That gauge isn't all that accurate. Like bluenoser suggests get a scale and go from there

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”