Breville 870XL second extraction pressure - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
escape

#21: Post by escape »

Thanks. I only ordered a single 12 oz bag for now to try. Shipping is kind of expensive if you only buy 1 bag at a time. I guess if I like it, I'll order larger quantity and try to freeze some of it. Do you freeze yours with good results?

wachuko

#22: Post by wachuko replying to escape »

Yes, I learned that with our first order... second ordere I got three bags.

Ours go fast....not enough time to freeze them :)
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

escape

#23: Post by escape »

Just got back home from a business trip and had a bag of Dolce waiting for me. Tried it this morning. My jaw dropped when I saw all the goodness coming out of the portafilter. Right after extraction, it was literally all crema from top to bottom. Never seen anything like it. And on top of it, it tasted great. Thank you for the suggestion and dosing info!

escape

#24: Post by escape »

wachuko wrote:Ohh... you are going to enjoy the Vivace Dolce even more...

17.5 grams / Grinder setting at 5 (and you can even push it to 4 if you wanted to... ) - and again, output for me is 27 grams and I let it go to 36 grams for my father-in-law.
By the way, these dosing instructions work great for me but only on the first shot. Every subsequnet extraction produces a lot less flow/output. So I am having the same problem as the OP. Really frustrating.

wachuko

#25: Post by wachuko replying to escape »

Did three shots back to back... no issues. Since these were for latte, I let them run all the way...

Shot 1

Shot 2

Shot 3

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

escape

#26: Post by escape »

Were you using the built-in grinder for these three?

Where did you buy the spare portafilters and baskets?

wachuko

#27: Post by wachuko replying to escape »

Internal grinder. Poured weighted beans one dose at a time. I do not keep the beans in the hoper. Weight beans, throw in hoper and grind... rinse and repeat.

Got one portafilter right after buying the machine. The other one I got from a fellow forum member along with a bottomless portafilter. He gave me two baskets.

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

escape

#28: Post by escape »

wachuko wrote:Internal grinder. Poured weighted beans one dose at a time. I do not keep the beans in the hoper. Weight beans, throw in hoper and grind... rinse and repeat.
That's what I do as well, yet I get different results. So odd.

wachuko

#29: Post by wachuko »

I clean/rinse shower screen by pressing the single shot before I pull each shot.

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

escape

#30: Post by escape replying to wachuko »

Thanks. I clean it with a paper towel but I do not run any water through it between the shots, so maybe that's the secret. I will have to try it next time.