Brand New La Marzocco GS3 AV - Crazy! - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bobo992 (original poster)

#21: Post by Bobo992 (original poster) »

I hear ya Maak. Maybe we should have a GS3 group. Anyhoo, I got most of everything under control for the most part. Now I'm trying to figure out the APP settings. Have you installed that yet? I got it on my iPad. But, once again, no guide on how to use it. I mean, it SEEMS intuitive and I'm an IT guy but, still like we both said for the money we dropped, someone should have shown up with the machine and walked us through everything. One of the things that had me hard plumb it to my shurflo pump using a 5 gallon water bottle was when I was using the reservoir pulling s shot and bumped the drip tray, the machine would flash refill water tank....it was so frustrating. What I do for water is use RO water from a retail water vendor. My tds meter reads 19 so, I know it's out of balance for espresso so, I add ~ 4 grams of dissolved Epsom salt to the jug which gives me the recommended minimal alkalinity of ~ 70-80 and the shots taste good.

Maak

#22: Post by Maak »

Im lucky a widly available bottled water provider has water that LM said is within the spec for coffee water but i cant be assed doing that continually even with large 15 litre bottles...and all that plastic. Have been reccomended this remineraliser/filter https://www.bwt-wam.com/en/products/fil ... n-premium/ so i will plumb with that and retest the water. My last machine has been plumbed so im not used to filling, buyng and adjusting water.

The app is pretty simple, to work out. LM hav a video somewhere on how it works. I like how can turn on when i wake up and see when its at temp (16-18 mins). However it seems the brew boiler temp the app reads doesnt take into account the temp offset (mine was set at -2.5 deg C) so the app never says the brew boilder is up to temp (red) even though the machine screen show it is.

Have you worked out what the two flashing squares on the screen are in the middle, top row? I think maybe its saying when the element in each boiler is heating/to temp ??? but which one is which i dont know

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#23: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Maak wrote:Im lucky a widly available bottled water provider has water that LM said is within the spec for coffee water but i cant be assed doing that continually even with large 15 litre bottles...and all that plastic. Have been reccomended this remineraliser/filter https://www.bwt-wam.com/en/products/fil ... n-premium/ so i will plumb with that and retest the water. My last machine has been plumbed so im not used to filling, buyng and adjusting water.
Regardless of filtration, check for chlorides, not chlorine, which can't be filtered. Also know that results will change over time as the filter cartridges get used. Once you set up a system to make your own water it becomes very easy and you don't have to worry about filters and all that.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Bobo992 (original poster)

#24: Post by Bobo992 (original poster) »

No, don't know what those flashing boxes are. Like you said, probably heating element activity. I know this doesn't apply to your MP but, I can't get my programmed buttons to hold what I programmed. I'll have to look for that app video. Good luck with your water situ. Let us know how it works out. I guess we can bug the support peeps with these questions. Mine are up in Seattle

Maak

#25: Post by Maak »

Well a remineraliser IS essentially making your own water.
My water source being rainwater is very different to most people's water.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#26: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz replying to Maak »

yes except the impact changes due to variations in the filter and pressure at times. Just make sure you check It often.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart