Brand New La Marzocco GS3 AV - Crazy! - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bobo992 (original poster)

#11: Post by Bobo992 (original poster) »

Cool.... Thanks Miligan!

OK31
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by OK31 »

Bobo992 wrote:Well I pushed myself to plumb the machine to my shur-flo pump and pull my water from a 5 gallon jug of RO water treated with 2 tsps of calcium chloride for a low threshold of hardness and no more "refill tank" problems that I was having if I jarred the drip tray a bit, it would lose the connection to the tank....sheesh! The other issue I had with the machine was they forgot to put the programming manual in the box....had to get it online at a site that carries all sorts of manuals.....another sheesh! Stand by for more rants until I'm happy! 8)
how do you find the pressure or any other factors to consider? I have the Mini and really want a plumbed option but aside from not having a good spot for that at the moment I'm also struggling with what system to get.

#13: Post by Bobo992 (original poster) »

Are you asking about my plumbed in setup?

OK31
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by OK31 replying to Bobo992 »

Yes - it's a little off topic but focus on the positive :)

#15: Post by Bobo992 (original poster) »

I'm not familiar with the Mini. I just received the GS3 AV. Along with the programming guide, the app and advice from current owners, I'm getting closer to where I want to be. Good Luck to what you are trying to do. This is an awesome forum so, if you post your own queries, I'm sure you will get the assistance you need...hth :)

#16: Post by Bobo992 (original poster) »

Well I hope this helps other GS3 AV users....I called the support # @ 206-706-9104 X101 talked with Brian. I asked him why I could not get i to "off" programming mode that it displayed "standby", he told me that standby is the new "off" on my machine and from there on out...the programming made complete sense. Finally! 8)

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#17: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Bob, are all your problems now resolved? Did they apologize or offer any sort of other support. I did drop you a PM.

Michael
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

mike01

#18: Post by mike01 »

I never use the buttons to program any of the features on my GS3 AV. I use the app for everything. It is much simpler. It's easy to change the volumetric dosing, changing the output by 2 pulses will change the output by ~1 gram. Once you know your boiler offset, it's easy to use the app to change the brew temp to whatever you'd like too.

#19: Post by Bobo992 (original poster) »

Yes thanks so far so good. Only other thing is I don't understand is when I put the machine in standby and when I bring it back to operation, it loses the buttons I had programmed...pita but, not tragic. :|

Maak

#20: Post by Maak »

Bobo992 wrote:So, I got my GS3 delivered yesterday on 5 Oct. 22. unboxed it, ...and low and behold, the brass bolt to the water line was unscrewed completely from the rotary pump. Who the hell QC'd this?....The instructions kind of suck by the way. You actually have to go on the net to see how to program the buttons.. :roll:
Hi Bobo..Well maybe we need a GS3 Users group. I just brought a brand new GS3/MP . It was checked over by LM NZ before i picked up so it all worked, But the instruction manual!!! for a 11-13k machine you expect a decently organised manual lol. mine had nothing about the software, and even the online software manual does not say what those two flashing rectangles are. i think they are element on/off in both boilers.
Didnt expect to have to upen up the group cap to bleed the group, but that was sort of fun and easy.

I also am running off bottle water currently as my rainwater tanks has tested off the charts for softness and acalinity (tested by LM NZ) so it will be a while before i head back to the city and get a BWT filter/remineralizer and retest.

Super stoked with the new machine tho.