Bezzera Strega "R" - Internal Pics

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
erics
Supporter ★

#1: Post by erics »

Here are some pics of the "R" version of a friend's Bezzera Strega. Operational tidbits will come in a week or so.

The Bezzera Strega is currently available in three versions: One incorporates a vibration pump and reservoir as the only source of pressured water, another includes the necessary parts such that the end user can decide whether to operate in a direct connect mode (via the vibration pump), and this version pictured below can only operate in a direct connect mode.

My friend's machine shows the installation of an improved vacuum breaker valve whose brief output is joined with the OPV's discharge to the drip tray.

edit - changed subject line from "TOP" to "R"

Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by pizzaman383 »

What are the black cylinders? Are they an electrical component?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Advertisement
tekomino

#3: Post by tekomino »

pizzaman383 wrote:What are the black cylinders? Are they an electrical component?
Those are flux capacitors :D

Joking, those are just counter weights.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by pizzaman383 »

Wow, with that much counterweighting and lever arm I would have thought they would provide some kind of bracing between the base and front panels.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

TomC
Team HB

#5: Post by TomC »

How hard would it be to retrofit one of these with a rotary pump? I only ask, because Im spoiled by my Duetto's whisper quiet action. But the Strega will most certainly be my next big espresso brewing purchase.

Anyone know if the company is willing to install one from the factory? I vaguely recall Jim mentioning that it wasn't horribly loud to begin with, so maybe I'm chasing my tail anyway.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

another_jim
Team HB

#6: Post by another_jim »

TomC wrote:How hard would it be to retrofit one of these with a rotary pump? ... I vaguely recall Jim mentioning that it wasn't horribly loud to begin with, so maybe I'm chasing my tail anyway.
It's quiet by vibe pump standards; loud by rotary standards. The simplest solution would be to go outboard. Otherwise, you'd need one of the new small form factor rotaries
Jim Schulman