Bezzera Magica Arrived Wet

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Marybel

#1: Post by Marybel »

:| Hi
I just got my new bezzera magica from 1st Line. I am worry because it has arrive wet.
Does anyone has this kind of issue?

johnny4lsu

#2: Post by johnny4lsu »

Probably because they do some testing before sending it out.

thecatch83

#3: Post by thecatch83 »

Did you turn it on and use it?

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

I've tested lots of new espresso machines from various sponsors. Some vendors bench test equipment before sending it out; they usually include a sheet of paper explaining why there may be water stains or some moisture. The same goes for some grinders, which may arrive with some coffee grounds. 1st-line is a sponsor and reputable firm. I'm sure it was bench testing that's the cause, but I would encourage you to contact them with your concerns and remind them to include a reminder.
Dan Kehn

Henrik

#5: Post by Henrik »

Received my Magica 3 months ago. It arrived a bit wet too. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

1st-line
Sponsor

#6: Post by 1st-line »

Marybel wrote::| Hi
I just got my new bezzera magica from 1st Line. I am worry because it has arrive wet.
Does anyone has this kind of issue?
Bezzera tests every machine with water. It is impossible to remove all the water. As the machine tumbles in shipping, water will exit the vacuum breaker valve. And, a little water seems like a lot!

We ask that you let it air dry for 24 hours minimum outside of the box.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Marybel (original poster)

#7: Post by Marybel (original poster) »

My bezzera is working great! I called 1st line equipment and they explained me about the test they do. Thanks!

Do you know for how long the machine can be on without being used?

Marybel (original poster)

#8: Post by Marybel (original poster) »

:D thanks!!
1st-line wrote:Bezzera tests every machine with water. It is impossible to remove all the water. As the machine tumbles in shipping, water will exit the vacuum breaker valve. And, a little water seems like a lot!

We ask that you let it air dry for 24 hours minimum outside of the box.

1st-line
Sponsor

#9: Post by 1st-line »

Marybel wrote:My bezzera is working great! I called 1st line equipment and they explained me about the test they do. Thanks!

Do you know for how long the machine can be on without being used?
Our recommendation for home use... if not being used within 2 hours, please turn off.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC